Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Half term

Another week to go for me till half term. An exciting one ahead though, singing in the Royal Albert Hall in London on 3rd November and at 'The Scoop' on the 4th.

Half term for me, too, this week :D:PxD Off to a lovely start, my daughter has driven me to my Mum's ( in her lovely classic mini which had a new engine fitted over the weekend !) then met hubby at lunchtime as it's his birthday today, popped in to see a friend on the way home and now time to catch up on here ;)

Nona

Oh Nichola how exciting for you. Ps what's the Scoop?.:)

It's an outdoor amphitheatre near tower bridge apparently. That performance is free if any folk will be in central London that day. I think we are performing about 11/11.30ish.

Guest tinkerbell

I'm on half term.We have our grandson for the week which is great.Spent the first day shopping for bulbs for school and home,planting up the window boxes at home with spring bulbs in the rain! Then baking flapjack.Tomorrow its a trip to wales to see my parents.Have started making some christmas felt gifts (grandson in bed).I will have to do some school work at some point and we will go into school on friday to make a dark cave!.....then its an 8 week half term to christmas.

Seems like its only me on half term this week then :S Lol

No, I'm with you Jigsaw......got my feet up as I speak....weather not great so practising my winter hibernation......then tomorrow............... I MUST open that bag of things to do thats been staring at me.....grrrrrrrr

Guest tinkerbell

Doc1.docxI saw this on the internet and am making the Joseph/Mary /baby decoration for friends,I may make some for the Christmas fete.I am doing different colour ways.Mary in blue ,purple etc. just take a template from the screen.

x

Edited by tinkerbell

Doc1.docxI saw this on the internet and am making the Joseph/Mary /baby decoration for friends,I may make some for the Christmas fete.I am doing different colour ways.Mary in blue ,purple etc. just take a template from the screen.

x

I consider myself inspired :1b They are lovely.

Last year I made trees and snowflakes similar to those, and attached them losely to plain Christmas cards- so they could be removed and used as tree decs (lots 'flatter' than your pics though).

xx

• Like 1

I consider myself inspired :1b They are lovely.

Last year I made trees and snowflakes similar to those, and attached them losely to plain Christmas cards- so they could be removed and used as tree decs (lots 'flatter' than your pics though).

xx

That would work flat too though and be rather lovely as a card, wouldn't it?

Susan, I have complete recall of my teachers comments in needlework, she even asked my mom at parents evening if I needed my eyes tested!

It would mean going somewhere like HobbyCraft too, the place gives me the creeps, all those neat little packages :unsure: :D

I did forget to turn up after a holiday once....deputy phoned to ask if I was actually coming in, I was convinced we still had a week to go !

My children had one or two days off school because I thought it was a teacher training day! :rolleyes:

And I once left work, saying goodnight to everyone but when I got out the lift I realised no-one else was leaving the building, that was because it was an hour too early. I went back to the office and explained what I'd done but my boss had just presumed I'd got an appointment I'd forgotten to tell her about. :huh:

Edited by Rea
  • Like 1

Half term is never ending for me!

I have just finished caring for a lovely baby whose teacher parents I let down too often this term due to my DD being admitted to hospital five times. I have no other childminded children so I am officially a free agent.

All I still have to do is issue their final bill (must get round to that).

I'm not sure how I'll be moving forward now but I think I'll be catching up with housework and doing some of the jobs I've been putting off for a while. That should keep me going for a little while and the lovely Happymaz has made the odd helpful suggestion about how I could occupy my time too.

It feels a bit bizarre but also quite liberating. Not great financially but, for the first time ever, both of my girls are getting the support they need in school. After we have enjoyed next week together I am actually quite looking forward to them going back to school (I never thought I'd say that in a million years) and having some time to get things straight and gather my thoughts.

I will, of course, have every sympathy for all of you poor people going back to work on that first Monday morning as I wave the girls off and feel the peace and quiet descending ;)

• Like 3