Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Grandparents Day Do U Celebrate

Guest terrydoo73

Guest terrydoo73

It is on Sunday week. I say we shd do but deputy says no as too many granparents to cater for. I was thinking of photo frame decorated and picture of child

Well it sounds "do-able". but are you sure they all have grandparents? or both Grandparents? or may even have step-grandparents as well as their grandparents - bit of a minefield maybe! Could put out some feelers with your parents and see what they think.

We don't do it and i don't have any plans to.

No, my mom and her friends think grandparents have already got the best of both worlds, all the cuddles and spoiling with none of the sleepless nights and tantrums. From that point of view every day is grandparents day :D

They're presumably still mom's and dad's, so if your children wanted they could make them something on Mothers day and Fathers day, or maybe do something for a charity that caters to the elderly :1b

Guest katylouise1984

This year, YES!

Inviting Grandparents to a tea party on the Monday afternoon. With a gingerbread man theme! So far no grandparents are coming!!

This year, YES!

Inviting Grandparents to a tea party on the Monday afternoon. With a gingerbread man theme! So far no grandparents are coming!!

Katy - they're probably all at work xD we are not all little grey-haired old ladies who are at home doing their knitting...........not that there is anything wrong with being a little grey-haired old lady who stays at home doing their knitting :1b

I'm in the gang that thinks this is all a bit 'over the top' and would be a logistical nightmare too - so many different family set ups.......

While we're on the subject did you know.......

'Grandchildren are your reward for not having murdered your own kids'! xD :lol: xD

• Like 3

We don't do items to send home but we do invite the grandparents in for a session on the monday after, we did it last year expecting loads but only got 3 grandparents in! I am sending a note out this time with a reply slip so fingers crossed we get some more this time :)

• 4 months later...
Guest katylouise1984

I forgot I had posted here. It was lovely the grandparents were amazed at how nursery works and all that goes into it :D

Guest katylouise1984

I forgot I had posted here. It was lovely the grandparents were amazed at how nursery works and all that goes into it :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)