Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Contracted Hours .

fimbo

We are currently having our contracts updated, but the management team are reluctant to include my 2 hrs per week 'admin' ( this is when i do all the prechool paperwork ) they only want my contract to show actual session hours.

I have said i am not happy with this, and would like all the hours i am contracted for to be on my contract.

Am i just being a pain the the rear end, or should my contract show the hours they would actually like me to work ?

My current contract shows my admin hours.

We are currently having our contracts updated, but the management team are reluctant to include my 2 hrs per week 'admin' ( this is when i do all the prechool paperwork ) they only want my contract to show actual session hours.

I have said i am not happy with this, and would like all the hours i am contracted for to be on my contract.

Am i just being a pain the the rear end, or should my contract show the hours they would actually like me to work ?

My current contract shows my admin hours.

I think you are absolutely right - and like Helen would like to know why not.........

I spoke to 'managment' today, apparantly the admin hrs arnt fixed and can increase / decrease depending on numbers of children. Well my argument was, none of my hours are fixed, and as my hours are to be reviewed every term as part of the supervisions , then all hours should be in my contract....

Im waiting for a response from them, i will stick to my guns, as we all do so much for nothng anyway, and things in the past have been so ' wishy washy' , i feel i need everything to be set out in black and white.

I wont sign until i am happy, and will get my union rep in if need be.

Edited by fimbo
  • Like 1

No I'm not sure it would change either- maybe slightly but nothing worth talking about. If do a newsletter or change a policy or reply to letters- it takes me the same amount of time whether I have 5 children or 50. Only difference would be the time it took to copy 5 or 50 letters etc. But the difference between 20 or 25 is negligible. policies still need to be updated, staff supervisions and paperwork still needs doing regardless. Are they being a little sneaky here - you stick to your guns!!

Our staff contract state they will work no less than 13 hours and no more than 18.5 unless required to do so through training, paperwork, planning meetings etc. Do be careful though, I'm pretty sure the contract can stand whether you sign it or not, so long as the management have given you a copy and you are aware of the changes. Signing just acknowledges you've been made aware of it.