Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Could Cry ......

lashes2508

today i received a call ..... excited when i saw it was my new wing woman and then left feeling completely deflated as she told me she could no longer take the job because she had been offered a job she just simply could not refuse , what can one say to that , I asked what was she being offered could we do something but she said it was a once in a lifetime opportunity with travel abroad etc - so despite my enormous disappointment , i wished her the best sincerely and hoped it turned out to be all she wanted and expected.

I just can't beleive it especially after the last few months - I phoned a colleague and had to laughas i did not want to cry but now thats worn off - I should be off to bed but just needed to tell you all as OH will worry " 2 weeks til start of term - so if there are any levels 3's that are super, fun, hardworking and have a gsoh and in need of a job , let me know- aaargh - some birthday present not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi lashes

What a rotten thing to have happened.........

When you interviewed were there any other applicants? Anyone that may not have secured a post elsewhere that you could call up for a second interview?

Sending you lots of positive vibes x

• Like 1

thanks for your sympathy and comments - @ KirstyC i do hope so unfortunately none of the other applicants were suitable - as many had either the qualification and very little experience or lived too far away to make economically viable - those that had experience were not familaiar with the EYFS , I have just resubmitted job on EY site - one can hope xx

thanks for your sympathy and comments - @ KirstyC i do hope so unfortunately none of the other applicants were suitable - as many had either the qualification and very little experience or lived too far away to make economically viable - those that had experience were not familaiar with the EYFS , I have just resubmitted job on EY site - one can hope xx

Although someone may not be familiar with the EYFS that shouldn't completely rule them out. I took on a new deputy a couple of years ago who had been a reception teacher in the private sector and had had a career break of 7 years and had had no experience of EYFS, however, she quickly got up to speed are you sure, they were unsuitable just because of their inexperience of EYFS?

Edited by Panders

Thanks Panders , i get what your saying but unfortunately due to lack of experienced and qualified staff and previous lack of training and cascading , I really need someone who knows what they are doing and talking about as I am feeling lonely in my post and really need someone who can support as i am already training staff to bering them up to speed - hope that makes sense - and does not sound prejudice .

i have lost 5 staff since January and i really though we were moving forward , as present staff have enthusiasm and own experience and this lady would have completed the team

We found we got a pretty strange lot come through the Essex website - and if I'm honest I think many were either sent through automatically -hence the distance thing, or more annoyingly I think some totally unsuitable people just fill it in as proof of being seen to actively 'job seeking' rather than wanting the position.

...........and breath rant over.

Hope you manage to sort something soon xxx

• Like 1