Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Treats!

finleysmaid

Ok as there seems to be an obsession with planning on here at the mo i thought we needed a distraction! :1b :blink:

So my question is.........

What is your favourite biscuit? (just thinking about making some millionaires shortbread :wub: )

....must go and have breakfast before this makes me too hungry :ph34r:

• Like 1

Probably digestives for me too - chocolate or otherwise!

Reminds me of a game my brother introduced us to - 'Guess my biscuit'. Anyone want to play?

I was just contemplating making some ginger biscuits as it's a greyish kind of day here and it would be an excuse to not do planning!

No favourite... but dont eat too many really so depends on the mood when I do...

but if I really had to decide it would have to be jam creams...

not jammie dodgers but the other ones with a cream and jam in the middle.. but then I do like custard creams, or nice creams, or malted milk creams... see a link through here...

not any chocolate ones though.. not keen on chocolate, you can keep those..

• Like 2

oh i'll pop round...all this talk of biscuits is making me hungry!.......i'd have had a piece of toast but my husbands been near it with the marmite :angry:

Will put the kettle on too. I've never made them before but they used up some ingredients from my baking cupboard that desperately needed decluttering - well, that's my excuse anyway! :P;)

Oh yes, I remember fig rolls! But they had to be the ones with the chopped ends, not the ones where the pastry met top and bottom on the ends. I wish they made them gluten free

Edited by Cait

Guest tinkerbell

For christmas staff made homemade presents for secret santa and \i received a kilner jar of almond biscotti .I had never tasted them before but quickly became addicted and now make them for myself.

Ahem - I am halfway there - hope you haven't eaten them all :o

Don't worry, there's a cooling rack full of them. We decided they were practically good for you biscuits - have oats and fruit in them (as long as you don't think too closely about the sugar!)

• Like 1

I only ever buy Garibaldis, (dead fly biscuits we used to call them) and Jaffa cakes, can't bear either of those ! Can't have a cupboard of biscuits far toooooo deadly. Very partial to a Scottish shortbread though

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

When I was little there were always assorted children always came to our house after school and we were allowed to have a packet of biscuits to share (only ever amounted to at most 2 each!). My mum took to buying Lincoln biscuits which we all loathed so no one ever opened the packet. Eventually we asked why she bought them - her answer "because you lot don't like them so won't eat them." We never could understand why she didn't just not buy any at all!

• Like 1

This has made me so hungry today and I'm trying to be so good and ignore the chocolate digestives which seem to be the biscuit of choice here at the moment!

However, I find it hard to resist coffee walnut cake so good job there's none of that in the house and I'm too lazy to cook!

I LOVE biscuits - I think I got hooked when I was very small, my auntie would buy cheap a tin of broken biscuits, I loved picking through the different flavours. Also, my mum used to make the most wonderful shortbread, there were always shortbread hearts for Valentines' day. I have to say M&S shortbread biscuits, half dipped in chocolate are lovely too.

I LOVE biscuits - I think I got hooked when I was very small, my auntie would buy cheap a tin of broken biscuits, I loved picking through the different flavours. Also, my mum used to make the most wonderful shortbread, there were always shortbread hearts for Valentines' day. I have to say M&S shortbread biscuits, half dipped in chocolate are lovely too.

Oooh I'd forgotten about broken biscuits :1b