Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer's Ending........

sunnyday

Summer is nearly ending when hubby inspects the pumpkins growing at the bottom of the garden in readiness for the pumpkin growing competition that is really just a lovely autumnal excuse for friends to get together for lovely food and wine before the winter sets in.

Yes there must be a link connecting early years practitioners to stationery and books!

Daddly long legs noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! During the summer I sit studying watching the crows or rooks on the playing fields outside hooking out the grubs from under the ground, thanking them for doing such a good job. I cannot stand the way they flit about.

There could be a 'Stationery Olympics':

- which coloured paper plane goes the furthest

- races (of all sorts) on those wheely office chairs

The opening ceremony could be in Paperchase. If we go to the one that's in a branch of waterstones near me then we could sneak upstairs to the cafe for snacks and the children's book department fr a rest - lots of comfy cushions and bean bags.

As for summer - I love pumpkin pie.

It's when I go to put something in the wheely bin and get a face full of cobweb!

Oooooh Paperchase - we can buy some pretty boxes to keep all of our lovely notebooks, pens, paper, cards in!

Olympics - yay - I shall think of some events! xD

Waterstones - yay - another favourite!

Cobwebs - lots of overnight action all over my washing line - yuck........

Daddy long legs - also yuck.........

Dew on the car this morning... season is definitely on the move now...

and the spiders are web building again... a huge web across a 7 ft gap this morning , fascinates me how they manage it.. there is nothing at all between.

Well hurry up then, I've been battling the stationery buying urge all summer! I'm treating myself to lunch at Wagamamas after.

I'm halfway up the motorway - I'll catch up with you in Wagamamas and inspect your purchases - make sure you buy loads!!! xD

Hope weren't waiting in Wagamamas too long - had to miss it as I spent so long in shops was going to miss hair appointment! Found my perfect staff meeting notebook but managed to resist special box for storing wrapping paper in - may need to go back for it though!

Hope weren't waiting in Wagamamas too long - had to miss it as I spent so long in shops was going to miss hair appointment! Found my perfect staff meeting notebook but managed to resist special box for storing wrapping paper in - may need to go back for it though!

:o I waited ages xD :lol: xD

Summers ended, my feet are freezing and I've worn a hoody all day :(

I'd love to use my feet as a way of telling the seasons but they get freezing all year round - I have been known to have a hot water bottle in August - just until I drop off to sleep! :ph34r:

Summer is ending because i am counting how many days i have left to sort out everything before I'm back at work on the 5th Sept and starting to panic as I haven't done everything that needs doing. Starting to wake up in middle of night thinking about what I need to do first and books and paperwork have returned to dining table. :blink:

• Like 3