Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer's Ending........

sunnyday

Wondered what tells everyone that summer is ending.......

For me (being a country girl) it's all the tractors on the roads and when we venture to the pub (not often obviously :ph34r: ) come 10 o'clock the farmers come in having just finished their combining (sp)! :1b

I'm not sure, all the things I can think of are more about autumn starting... That first early morning with the slightest nip of frost in the air (that disappears into a lovely, warm, sunny day) the beautiful deep blue the sky goes and of course sparkling spiders' webs.

• Like 2

For me it's the media having a go at all the 16-18 year olds that have worked their backsides off doing exams! It was the same 16 & 14 years ago when I took mine. Sad but true.

i never think of it as summer ending.. more the start of Autumn, which is a way off yet...

when the air changes to that morning chill and the days are still quite warm..

a heavy dew on the ground and all those spiders building their webs across the garden...

end of the tomatoes and other crops..

Still plenty of summer to go yet..

• Like 1

Did you all know that Sunnyday has Staplesaddictionitis - if anyone sees here within 200 metres of a Staples store they must instantly report it. :o:D

What are the symptoms? I may have the first signs. What's worse is that Staples is on the same retail park as Hobbycraft... :blink:

• Like 1

I have the same addiction as Sunnyday. So much so that I have my own Staples Counsellor. I email him when the urges get too strong and he tells me how I can still get what I want without spending a fortune.

Strangely one of my apple trees has turned autumnal colours even though the apples aren't finished yet!

• Like 2

What are the symptoms? I may have the first signs. What's worse is that Staples is on the same retail park as Hobbycraft... :blink:

I'm trying really hard to get this particular addiction under control :ph34r: :blink: xD

Now - first signs........does your hard beat a little faster when someone mentions Staples........can you imagine yourself walking down the aisles........can you anticipate the rush you are going to get as you fill your trolley - oh yes trolley - a basket wouldn't be big enough.........if you have answered yes to any of this then I'm afraid you are well on your way...........