Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Olympic Opening

Fredbear

Well today has finally arrived. For those of us that have family and friends in the opening know how hard everybody has worked for this once in a lifetime event.. I am of course incredibly proud of my own daughter Hannah who is dancing but also everyone that is taking part. I had the privilege to go and see the dress rehearsal and without giving anything away it does truly reflect our great country. Good luck everyone. Xxxxx

• Like 1

how wonderful for those of you with friends or family taking part - you must be so proud - enjoy and to everyone else as Jeremy Vine said it's time to get positive and lift our spirits and show some pride in being the hosts - not reflecting on the negative but move forward and fingers crossed that all that glitters is gold medals for all of our sportsmen and women :D

Guest sn0wdr0p

Fredbear you should be so proud. What a fantastic ceremony. We rocked with laughter at Mr Bean and thought the Queen with James Bond was fantastic. Our two youngest fell asleep as the athletes walked in but forced them awake to see the lighting of the torch.

A wonderful memorable night. Please pass on our congratulations to those involved.

Well I hope you all enjoyed it and thank you for your kind words. My daughter was in the present day section, very fast unfortunately and i really couldn't pick her out. Hoping to sit together later to watch it again to try to catch a glimpse. Well at least she has a Souvenir programme with her name in it, a certificate to prove she took part as well as memories that will last forever. :)

• Like 2

Well I hope you all enjoyed it and thank you for your kind words. My daughter was in the present day section, very fast unfortunately and i really couldn't pick her out. Hoping to sit together later to watch it again to try to catch a glimpse. Well at least she has a Souvenir programme with her name in it, a certificate to prove she took part as well as memories that will last forever. :)

We loved it Fredbear....... :1b

Thanks Beau, have to say I found it all quite emotional, even though I had the privilege of seeing some of it before yesterday evening. I was overwhelmed by the sheer volume of people of all ages coming together in this truly wonderful celebration. :). Let's hope the living testimony of this historic time will remain for many years to come for all to share and enjoy. :)

I'm afraid it was all too late for my kids but I recorded it for them! and I sat with my 10 year old this morning to watch.... she kept saying 'when does it start?' I don't know what she was expecting but it was clearly way over her head!!

I loved it though - and surprised myself by being quite emotional!

for me the end was a big down and poor against the rest of the evening... I too switched him off and felt it really is time he realised that it is time to say no more and go into full retirement .. would have loved to see a young and lively ending as it is supposed to be all about the future legacy to the country not hasbeens..

it was obviously thought out and not an attempt to out do any other opening ceremonies but more a celebration of the countries music, history and heritage.

I did think the way the torch relay ended was a really good idea and very fitting that young aspiring Olympians were given the lighting of the beautiful well thought out cauldron. it really did finish the long journey around the country. (pity it ended in a damp squib after !)