Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef For The New Curriculum - You Need To Know This!

awww torture I can't open it (docx) Cait...Cait...Cait Heeeellllpppppp - this sounds like happy news - need to see!!! <leaping up and down emoticon>

I asked a very clear and to the point question!

ahhh but from people's experiences on here that logic hasn't always applied!! :huh:

I noticed a logo on their documents from the 'plain English campaign' - things are on the up!

I've read something today that said the SEF is going to be greatly reduced - but can I find the link now? Pfft!!

och - now you are just teasing!! maybe they are removing all the 'repeated' sections - that should knock it down just a tad!

Without wishing to be a partypooper - I am going to update and submit before the deadline. We're due inspection anytime from September and my updated SEF has got info about how we're managing the implementation of the new curriculum. I don't want to be caught on the hop when they 'migrate' info into the new format - I remember having to fiddle about with it last time we went through this. Also, it does say in the email that we won't be penalised for having a SEF based on the old format. I'd rather be on the old format, than out of date.

pw x

• Like 1

Without wishing to be a partypooper - I am going to update and submit before the deadline. We're due inspection anytime from September and my updated SEF has got info about how we're managing the implementation of the new curriculum. I don't want to be caught on the hop when they 'migrate' info into the new format - I remember having to fiddle about with it last time we went through this. Also, it does say in the email that we won't be penalised for having a SEF based on the old format. I'd rather be on the old format, than out of date.

pw x

Oh yes so would I if expecting an inspection :1b fingers crossed I shouldn't see any O people until 2014 :ph34r:

• Like 1

thank you for that info very useful although i wasnt going to update mine as thats what our EY advisors had advised

mind you what we think think of as clear wording and what Ofsted think are probablt 2 different things !!!!!

just out of interest, is there anybody who is choosing to not fill in the SEF? How have OFSTED viewed any settings who do not complete it?

I didn't,t do the online sef when we moved premises 16 months ago, thought I was just going to be able to update existing, but oh no had to start again....so didn't ! Have quite a comprehensive sef system in place.....and if they'd like to show up they could have a look :D

am in the same position myself Mouse63, have only ever done the SEf once and to be honest I don't even know what my password is. We do, however do our own version from our county which looks at different aspects of the provision and all staff input a section of this each inset day looking at where we are solid in our practice and where we could improve so it gradually evolves in to a working evaluation tool. I only did the OFSTED SEF by myself as it was not possible to get input from staff whereas our current system give them a chance to input and I just collate it into one document with all their comments and produces an action plan. I think I'll carry on with it and see what happens when they come next (due spring term)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)