Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef For The New Curriculum - You Need To Know This!

Sounds similiar to how we decide our 'priorities for improvement', recently gave staff our counties sef sheets, we went through them individually and 'rag' graded each statement, any that we all had red were priorities, parents have questionnaire to help but the most difficult to show any input from is the committee, we also have a staff book hung up in playroom that anyone can add to if they feel something isn't working and this is then discussed weekly and addressed/changed if felt it could be improved.

Hi all,

I just thought I'd let you know what happened when we had a visit from the O people last November. Ready, SEF online (feeling smug) and updated after lots of work by all, then low and behold, O inspector informs me that she has not seen our SEF as she likes to inspect without any previous knowledge of settings but asked to see a paper copy !!!!!! I am still asking myself what was the point of the whole exercise, it was so disheartening for all of us involved in putting together the SEF, updating and submitting info on line. I know it needs updating again next term but I don't know if I have the energy !! Hopefully the new format will be a little more straight forward with less repetition. :(

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for this info I have just sat down to update mine, having recieved token etc the old administrator did ours and cant remember how to sign in!

anyway having read your post im not going to bother the nice man at Oftsed said our last one was April 11 and we only need to submit one but it would be good practice to review and update it!! :rolleyes:

I have had big changes a extention to the building, new staff and some changes to the hours.

I cant access the old version so was going to have to start from scratch! no way will I get it done in a few days, so guess i will start afresh with the new version next month..

thanks for the heads up got a few days free now... Yippee

thanks for this info I have just sat down to update mine, having recieved token etc the old administrator did ours and cant remember how to sign in!

anyway having read your post im not going to bother the nice man at Oftsed said our last one was April 11 and we only need to submit one but it would be good practice to review and update it!! :rolleyes:

I have had big changes a extention to the building, new staff and some changes to the hours.

I cant access the old version so was going to have to start from scratch! no way will I get it done in a few days, so guess i will start afresh with the new version next month..

thanks for the heads up got a few days free now... Yippee

How long before you 'discover' other jobs to fill those free days?! :blink: xD :lol: xD

• Like 1

I tried today to update mine. Clicked on the link via ofsted - and nothing, zilch!! Hit the buttons harder (cos that always works!) and still nothing!

Re-read PW email and it said to have it uploaded by the 27th; although the site would not be closed down til the 30th

<sigh> and I was really motivated to do it today too! Shucks!

I tried today to update mine. Clicked on the link via ofsted - and nothing, zilch!! Hit the buttons harder (cos that always works!) and still nothing!

Re-read PW email and it said to have it uploaded by the 27th; although the site would not be closed down til the 30th

<sigh> and I was really motivated to do it today too! Shucks!

Really gingerbreadman - your nose is growing longer by the minute! :blink: xD :lol: xD

I'm praying for major problems and Ofsted being unable to put the new SEF up until - oh this time next year at the earliest! :ph34r:xD :lol: xD

• Like 1

I was on the site this morning and I edited and printed off our up to date SEF. It is now neatly filed ready for our visit from Mrs O who is due in October.

oooh how did you get on it? Very impressed with your organisational abilities - I dream to be like this one day <sigh>

(it really is that long since I uploaded mine and I can't remember the security token number thingy so I had to search for 'early years SEF; found something with a link and that's what I pressed VERY hard - and no luck)

oooh how did you get on it? Very impressed with your organisational abilities - I dream to be like this one day <sigh>

(it really is that long since I uploaded mine and I can't remember the security token number thingy so I had to search for 'early years SEF; found something with a link and that's what I pressed VERY hard - and no luck)

Ah - I don't think you will get far without your 'security token number thingy' :1b

That was next on the list if I could have got on to the SEF bit - was going to brave it and ring for another or reminder; honestly you think they had two heads or something but the thought of ringing the big 'O' sends tremors! :ph34r:

That was next on the list if I could have got on to the SEF bit - was going to brave it and ring for another or reminder; honestly you think they had two heads or something but the thought of ringing the big 'O' sends tremors! :ph34r:

xD I know exactly what you mean!

If my memory serves me right (and there's every possibility that it doesn't!) I think that they will send by snail mail i.e. not email and not tell you over the 'phone :blink:

Yes they do send it by snail mail. We had this problem when I became new manager. They would not give me the token number over the phone had to wait until it came to my home address. But they sent it out within a few days of me ringing them. Know what you mean about phoning them. I usually get my admin lady to ring them and deal with them while I hid in the corner. Not sure how I'm going to cope when they do walk through the door in October for my first inspection as the Manager. Think I will need a very stiff drink after they have been! Or three

• Like 1

LOL! decided to do some work on my continuous planning instead, have got that nailed so got a week free to play at the stables without thinking

need to my SEF, Planning ARRGGG!!!! im sure if i think hard enough tho will magic some work up from somewhere :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest youngrisers

thank good ness someone asked the question but where is the new document have been sent various messages from sips etc but the new version does not seem to want to be uploaded...help anyone or even guidance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)