Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Birth To Three Matters - Back To Basics

SueFinanceManager

Those of you who subscribe to Nursery World may have been reading their recent article 'EYFS Best Practice: Birth to Three Matters - Back to basics' in which Ann Langston, who contributed to the development of Birth to Three Matters, explains its format, history and importance and tells us why it should be dusted down and put back on the shelf as recommended reading for practitioners as they get ready to implement the revised EYFS.

In order to help refresh you memory and give you a chance to revisit the original materials I have managed to find them archived on the DofE site and have added them below....well all of them except one. For some reason 'Being Acknowledged & Affirmed' one of the aspects of 'A Strong Child' is missing but some information can be found in the Introduction Booklet.

I hope you enjoy the wander down memory lane and enjoy revisiting the lovely resources.

Best wishes

Sue

Admin Team

After some further investigation I found another document listed below as BIRTHCD-PDF2.pdf and on Page 5 you will find the section called 'Being Acknowledged & Affirmed' :D

Intro Booklet.pdf

Me Myself and I.pdf

Dev. Self Assurance.pdf

A Sense of Belonging.pdf

Being Together.pdf

Finding a voice.pdf

Listening and Responding.pdf

Making Meaning.pdf

Making Connections.pdf

Being Imaginative.pdf

Being Creative.pdf

Representing.pdf

Emotional Well Being.pdf

Growing and Developing.pdf

Keeping Safe.pdf

Healthy Choices.pdf

BIRTHCD-PDF2.pdf

Sue thanks for all the lovely resources you are currenly digging out of the archives. Where about on this site could I search for these at a later date? Would it be possible to set up a D of E page in the resources section? I for one would love to browse through at a later stage.

• Like 3

We have been meaning to set up a new area for resources from the old National Strategies site eyfs1966, but it's never quite got to the top of the to-do list. Let's see if we can change that!

We do have three more of the old DCSF dvd resources to put up, which I'll try to get round to soon. :1b

• Like 1

In fact, if someone can talk me through how to do it, I could post the missing page on here :)

After some further investigation I found another document listed as BIRTHCD-PDF2.pdf iin the original post and on Page 5 you will find the section called 'Being Acknowledged & Affirmed

Sorry that's bold but I cut and pasted it and too tired to work out how to unbold it tonight :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)