Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Powder Paint Stain

Hi,

we had a very angry mum today ranting about why her child had got paint on her manchester city top...... it is red powder paint and has stained apparantly, mum has used vanish to try and remove it but no luck.

do you have any suggestions i can pass onto mum to try and remove the paint?

i did explain to mum that although the children wear aprons they are never 100 % protected. mum said dad would go mad....oh dear, well next time the footbal top won't be worn to nursery will it

Dawn

Perhaps you could suggest they allow you to finish the job and dye it all red, and they change their allegiance to Manchester United?

On second thoughts that might not be pouring oil on troubled waters.

• Like 6

It does say in books when ordering paint that it does stain. (otherwise it wouldn't be paint). My staff used to put washing up liquid in but someone else told me it doesn't make any difference.

I am sure you write in your newsletter / welcome pack about wearing old clothes, so I wouldn't worry about it. At least her child is safe and had a nice time!

. My thoughts too. We just need to keep plodding on and hoping it will eventually click.

Didn't mean anything by my comment!!!! Just been one of those days were you keep on plodding and you feel like you are banging your head on a brick wall!!!

I always found the red and purple the worst for staining things, and getting it out almost impossible...

suggestion could be one of those removers for when the whole wash gets tainted with an odd sock! cannot think what it is called,, but you put it in the wash..

or a stain remover for something like beetroot may help..

think some of the issue will be the type of material and if already had a hot wash this sets the colour rather than removing it.. cool is better for removing the stains.. same as glue.. the hot water sets that too.. cool water to remove it.

I do wonder about parents who send children in expensive clothes and expect them to survive pristine...

• Like 1

Can't help with the paint stain but it did bring to mind something that happened a couple of weeks ago. A 3 year old when asked if she wanted to do finger painting replied 'what in my baby boden top, do you know how much it cost?, I don't think so'. Needless to say a conversation was had with mum regarding appropriate nursery wear

All to do with science - detergents vs soap powder... + hot sets!

I alway rub good old fashioned face soap(bar) directly onto stain leave for at least an hour or so, then cold wash with soap power (not bio!) something like fairy.

I don't really think there's a lot of hope if it has already been washed and the stain has 'set'

Didn't mean anything by my comment!!!! Just been one of those days were you keep on plodding and you feel like you are banging your head on a brick wall!!!

Don't worry Sox we knew what you meant....parents can make our job just that little bit more difficult at times.

I do think sometimes they forget that playing is often a messy business :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)