Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Magazine Subscriptions

Can anyone recommend a good Early Years Magazine?

I have just subscribed to a new one called 'Teach Nursery' for three months to see what its like.

Just wondered what other professionals are reading - interested in Nursery age group topics and activities.

I subscribe to Early Years Educator which has given me some good activities over the years, even though it is monthly I still find it a job to read them and study and work though.

I'm a Nursery World girl and have had Early Years Educator in the past, both good. A colleague has just finished a three month trial of Teach Nursery and said it was ok but more aimed at schools

Beehive

• 2 years later...

Nursery world ( though I think you can access most of the articles online) and Early Years Educator ( you can only access their articles online if you take out a full subscription)

Hi ,

Are these still the best 2 magazines? which one do you rate more?

I like them both, but buy the EYE over the counter as that is much cheaper than a subscription. Nursery world I have a subscription for as it is cheaper that way; it is 'friendlier' in layout and the language it uses, EYE is rather more 'formal'.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I was just thinking about subscribing to an early years magazine and then saw this thread, what a coincidence!! I had decided on EYE and now I have seen they do a triple pack offer EYE, Practical Preschool and Nursery World .......now what do I do??

Maybe my preschool (committee run) would pay towards some of the cost??

• 4 months later...

I was just wondering which was best for a Preschool (as I have recently received flyers for both Practical Pre-school and EYE)? I've only ever really read Nursery World.

So, for a packaway, term-time Preschool... EYE, Practical Pre-school, Nursery World - or something else?

I was just wondering which was best for a Preschool (as I have recently received flyers for both Practical Pre-school and EYE)? I've only ever really read Nursery World.

So, for a packaway, term-time Preschool... EYE, Practical Pre-school, Nursery World - or something else?

I am packaway preschool and would go for Practical Preschool - I find the activity ideas sections are differentiated better than in EYE which seem to be aimed at the reception aged child - but that's just my opinion.

There is a lot more 'theory' in EYE too, it depends on what you are hoping to get out of the magazine.

Thanks Thumperrabbit :) I just want to keep up to date with happenings, and get good ideas for practice really. I know I can do all that online these days, but although I love a bit of tech, I also love an old-fashioned flick through a magazine now and again!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)