Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can Anybody Help A Miserable Technophobe?

Panders

Apart from miserable reception for my broadband which causes untold problems on here posting,now my outlook express e mail is mucking up too.

since the 30th April i keep getting the same 5 messages being received and when it tries to receive message 6 I get an error message. There are some 38 messages waiting to be received but can't get to the inbox because of message 6.

Do you think there is a virus in message 6? Is there a way of deleting a message before it gets accepted into the in box?

Any assistance gratefully received

What is the error message you're getting panders?

And how is your mail account set up? Is it downloading from eg hotmail, or is it a POP3 account? If you look under 'Tools' you should see something like 'Account Settings'. It should tell you whether you have more than one account set up, and what sort of account it is.

You should be able to view all your emails online - no need to download them onto your computer. If you visit the 'home' page of your internet provider there should be a link to see your emails.

Or if you get your emails from a different source (eg hotmail) you can view them at their online site.

Panders I'm with you. I cant work out how to set up outlook express so I've never been able to use it and it hasnt got a send button either :blink:

• Like 1

What is the error message you're getting panders?

And how is your mail account set up? Is it downloading from eg hotmail, or is it a POP3 account? If you look under 'Tools' you should see something like 'Account Settings'. It should tell you whether you have more than one account set up, and what sort of account it is.

Error message reads,

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account 'mailbtopenworld.com server 'mailbtopenworld.com Protocol POP3 Port 110 Secure (SSL) No. socket error 10053 Error number OxCCC0F.

I would normally get this message if I am sending out an attachment with photos, ok if I send one photo, but any more and it won't send any and I get this message. Maybe someone is sending me a photo?

Not all ISPs provide online access to emails Beau - but in the case of BTOpenworld I think you're right. It's a long time since I had a contract with them but I'm pretty sure you could log in to get your email when I was with them.

Do you have log in details to your BT account Panders? You could probably find the relevant email there and delete it. Do you think it's possible someone has sent you a large attachment and this is causing problems?

Not all ISPs provide online access to emails Beau - but in the case of BTOpenworld I think you're right. It's a long time since I had a contract with them but I'm pretty sure you could log in to get your email when I was with them.

Do you have log in details to your BT account Panders? You could probably find the relevant email there and delete it. Do you think it's possible someone has sent you a large attachment and this is causing problems?

Log on details, yes I think I have it somewhere. Yes I do think someone is trying to send something unsuitable - probably my sister in law who bombards me with dodgy funny e mails etc., tho she is impeccable about viruses and checks everything. It would appear that I need to get to the e mail in question and delete it somehow to stop it trying to get into the in box.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)