Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Do You Buy Coffee?

bigsue does that mean you set upby yourself ?? thats an early start - coffee must be good xD

j. Just what I was thinking...thought we had it tough with three of us starting at 8 for 9.15 and just managing to get a few gulps of instant caffeine fix before the kiddies arrive! :)

Thank you all so much for your replies and banners ;)

The coffegate will be spoken about again at the next meeting, me against them HELP!!! Just hope I put over all the points good enough for them to agree not to change it.

Wish me luck, will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks again xx

• Like 1

bigsue does that mean you set upby yourself ?? thats an early start - coffee must be good xD

I arrive at 7.00am and my Deputy 7.30 so not on my own for long. My other staff arrive at 8.40ish as they want coffee!!! YES the coffee is good however the funny thing is my parents still think the fairies set up! Children arrive at 9.00 and we don't get coffee during session time but do at staff meetings!

We do set indoor and out there is a lot to do but my Deputy is fab and sometimes we have the best 'sort it out chats then'

Not to fool you in thinking I am earning lots I don't pay myself untill 8.00am as finances don't stretch that far but we both like things to be set out right for our children also the old saying' too many cooks!' ! and things do get done with less people its also our fitness regeime.

Our children are all grown up now and many staff still do the school run, end of the day we help each other! and coffee really HELPS!

Sue

• Like 1

totally get what your saying , sometimes i find with 4 staff at 8.30 start we are still rushing at the last minute , yet my previous place i started at 9 and children arrived at 9.15 and was much more relaxed!! My son has to accompany at the mo but starts high school Sept when i will prob go in earlier to get things done ;)

You work for low pay and probably work loads at home for free, I think the least you could expect is free refreshments. Good luck, and definitely send them our way of they refuse :o :1b

totally agree!!! We do so much unpaid, coffee and tea are small price to pay for committee and to make staff make feel more valued. I buy my staff cakes regularly because I value them and appreciate everything they do - everyone love chocolate !!

I have 3 setting and all the tea, coffee, hot chocolate, juice is paid for by the company.

We have about 4 drinks a day and we rota for a quick 5 min tea break throughout our day.

As an owner i am aware that i have restraints on the pay i can afford but to NOT buy the staff their tea/coffee............. would be very silly!

We are very lucky that Manager pays for excellent coffee and tea and hot chocolate (in winter) - I arrive to the smell of coffee - although its early the coffee is well worth arrival time. Manager arrives at 7 I arrive 7.30 - this is the time we have to discuss lots of things - whilst setting up the hall - personal and work! I feel we "sort out the world" and are then ready for the morning ahead. This is a good time to discuss staffing issues etc. We feel that we set up quickly when there are just the 2 of us - we have a system that appears to work!