Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bad News. . . .

Scarlettangel

Your latest post brought a little tear to my eye. How fab to get such good news after all the stress of waiting for your results and along with everyone else I am so so pleased for you. Enjoy the rest of your evening and keep on grinning :D ::1a :D ::1a :D ::1a :D ::1a :D ::1a :D

Hi Scarlettangel,

I've just read through this thread from the beginning and felt your fear and anger. You have so many dear, supportive friends on this forum that the outcome would'nt have dared to be any different. I just wanted to add my best wishes and hope that you can take time out to relax and enjoy life again (before getting on with your pesky studies of course!!!). All the best and have a truly wonderful couple of weeks off for Easter.

P.S. I will never quite look at squirrels in the same light again lol! :D

• Like 1

whoop whoop , hoorah , yipee , fan-dabidosie and all the other expresiions of joy and happiness for you on the good news :P :P :P - bad news - you really will have to get on with the last of the paperwork !!!

So glad for you and your family - raising a glass of vino to you Scarlett angel - reckon you had your guardian angel looking out for you plus all your virtual well wishers, here 's to a happy healthy future :D x

Hi Scarlettangel,

I am so thrilled that your news was so positive. Hope you have had a lovely, relaxing day since your visit to the hospital.

Take care

mrsW.x

My husband is so grateful that the operation to remove the tumor went well, and then that yesterday's results were good that he has decided to donate enough money to a charity called the smile train or smile foundation so that a little person somewhere can have their cleft palate and harelip repaired.

We don't have loads of money or extra cash lying around but he feels £150 is a small price to pay to say thank you for my surgery and my care.

I was so moved that I cried. so did he.

I better do my bit now and get on and sign up for race for life.

Race 12 this year!

Been doing it since I lost my Mum to lung and bone cancer.

Despite good news yesterday I didn't sleep well at all last night, but I am grateful today for the sunshine and a day free of the worry of cancer.

I imagine you're emotions are still a little haywire, just because you had good news yesterday wont necessarily stop you from thinking about the 'what if...'

My lads have been asking what I'm reading over the last few days, when I told them about your cancer scare and the outcome yesterday they were really pleased for you too. You probably need a few days to realise whats just happened.

The smile charity will be very grateful to hubby for his donation :D

• Like 1

I think folks it is time to rename this thread.

Yesterday a very good and old (as in I have known her since I was two) friend also got the all clear on the cancer front.

She was told she had ovarian cancer, her GP told her to expect the worst and hope for the best.

She had a cyst, an ovary and a tube removed on 19h March.

Yesterday she was told there was some inflammation and adhesions but NO cancer!

Us girls got together last night and certainly broke out some bubbly!!!

I know I have had cancer but I feel SO fortunate that it was the sort it was so ii can have a great deal of hope that from here on in I need to put it behind me.

Yay it's the good news thread!!!

• Like 1

Don't want to put a dampener on things but my friend found out yesterday she does have breast cancer and will have to have a Lumpectomy Plus Radiation therapy :(

I was soooo hoping given the positivity of this thread that some of the good luck would rub off but sadly not.....on the upside it is stage 2, very small lump and caught quite early so that is something.

There can be very few of us untouched by this horrible disease.....there but for the grace go I.....hopefully

Don't want to put a dampener on things but my friend found out yesterday she does have breast cancer and will have to have a Lumpectomy Plus Radiation therapy :(

I was soooo hoping given the positivity of this thread that some of the good luck would rub off but sadly not.....on the upside it is stage 2, very small lump and caught quite early so that is something.

There can be very few of us untouched by this horrible disease.....there but for the grace go I.....hopefully

Oh no :(

Absolutely Sue! Two friends of mine have recently had elective mastectomies because of family history. They are so brave. I wish your friend well :D

• Like 1

Sue I am so sorry to hear about your friend.

My neighbour has cancer and is having chemo right now and I feel guilty that I am not going to go through the same things she is going through.

Its kind of how I felt as I read your post.

I am determined to be grateful though and to do my bit and so today I have signed up for my 12th race for life!!!

Anyone wishing to sponsor me please feel free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont want to use this thread for that purpose but if anyone out there isnt doing the race themselves or isnt already sponsoring someone, my daughter and I would be glad of your support. Please meesage me for race page details..

Thank you x x x x

Edited by Scarlettangel

Good luck with your fundraising, Scarlettangel. I'm doing the Race for Life this year, but as part of my project '50 new things to do before I'm 50' I am training to run/jog the distance rather than just amble around chatting. I'm hoping this shock revelation will spur my friends in to sponsoring me... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Good luck with your fundraising, Scarlettangel. I'm doing the Race for Life this year, but as part of my project '50 new things to do before I'm 50' I am training to run/jog the distance rather than just amble around chatting. I'm hoping this shock revelation will spur my friends in to sponsoring me... :rolleyes:

Oh now I'm desperate to know what else is on your list........

A friend has a similar list '60 things to do in her 60th year' - she's got some great stuff .........build a snowman, go for a manicure......hmmm........can't think of anymore! :blink: xD

Oh popped back to say......one of my staff team takes part in the race for life ... she also does the moon walk - so my sponsorship has to go to her! :1b But good luck - I am full of admiration.....

Edited by sunnyday