Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Olympic Flame

I've just looked at the route of the olympic flame and realised that it goes almost straight past my setting. Am absolutely thrilled, gonna be a great afternoon out for the children

thats great news i cant wait to see it.

It is coming near us then? I know one of my ex-Brownie dads is carrying the torch, and so is one of my son's friends. But I haven't checked the route...

yeah...when you coming to vist???? that coffees gettin blinkin cold!!!

It must be by now. Although you probably charge an admission fee since you're Outstanding and all. Ooh! That reminds me. I'm going to PM you...

It comes straight by our DN at approx 9.30 am Friday 29/6/12. We have been sent letters by the council to inform us as the road will be shut. Big plans to have the children standing on chairs to wave over the wall (our garden is above street level). I don't work Fridays and am going away later that day, but may pop in to see the children's faces!!

Sue

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one slightly disappointed?

How does it get from one 'venue' to another? It appears to fly to a shopping centre about 5 miles from us............ then fly off somewhere else!

If it were to give the convoy route- I'm pretty sure it would directly pass by our setting, but we can't plan on a 'maybe' :( :(

Am I the only one slightly disappointed?

How does it get from one 'venue' to another? It appears to fly to a shopping centre about 5 miles from us............ then fly off somewhere else!

If it were to give the convoy route- I'm pretty sure it would directly pass by our setting, but we can't plan on a 'maybe' :( :(

oh im glad im not the only one...i'm cofused what do the dotted lines mean?? like you loobu loo it appears to go past our door but its not listed as part of the course!

oh im glad im not the only one...i'm cofused what do the dotted lines mean?? like you loobu loo it appears to go past our door but its not listed as part of the course!

The dotted line actually cuts straight across the fields in out case....... I'm hoping it will go down our high street- but then again perhaps they're going to use a carrier pigeon and the dotted line is the route!

My understanding is - gosh I hope I've got this right........is that for much of the time it is actually carried inside a 'bus' and then that stops and it is actually 'run' through selected places.........my little village is lucky enough to be one of these places - but even then it is only 'run' for a very short distance before it goes back into the bus........oh and the person running with it is changed every 300 metres,,,,,,

• 1 month later...