Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

In the past we have made bracelets, necklaces and bonnets, and have made flowers, which we wrapped in hand stamped paper.........sometimes we make little boxes of heart shaped shortbread ( one year we found loads of heart shaped baubles in Ikea, so we used those as the gift tags for the boxes too, very pretty; the children drew a picture on them for their mums)

We've done salt dough handprints, painted mini canvases, planted flowers, decorated plant pots with gems etc, made flowers and used paper plates to do pictures of their mums on. This year I have bought a load of sturdy small carboard boxes in different shapes from hobbycraft and they are going to decorate them and I'll print off a little verse about there being a kiss and a cuddle inside (if i can find it again!)

This is a very special gift

That you can never see

The reason it's so special

it's just to you from me

You never can unwrap it

Please leave the ribbon tied

Just hold this box close to your heart

It's filled with love inside

Whenever you are lonely

Or even feeling blue

You only have to hold this gift

To know I think of you

• Like 1

We were thinking of letting the children decorate a plant pot and then plant a little plant in it.

Has anyone done this before and can you tell us which pots/plants were best to use.

Thanks

he he ...just dont do what a friend of mine did...she was given a pot for all the children in the shape of a clown.....you had to plant a plant in the gap at the top of his trousers(IYKWIM!) unfortunately they chose cacti which turned out to be a rather unfortunate shape :oxD:( my friend felt she was unable to send them home in the end :( :(

• Like 1

Excellent Thank you Cait :o

KLC106 we did plant pots, we've done 2 lots, one lot we covered the pots in plaster of paris (or soemthing like that) made really thickly and let it set a bit then the children pushed in buttons, glass beads etc and sprinkled with a bit of glitter and once dry painted with pva glue. We've also done ceramic pots which the children used marker pens to decorate xD

Thank you all for your wonderful ideas. I want to do them all!

One for Mothers' day, one for Fathers' Day, one for Grandparents' Day?!

I'm planning to make our own paper & stick on a photo of the child then put ribbon at the top, so mums can hang them up. Also want to visit the local church on the following Monday & have the vicar talk to the children about Mothers' day, but I haven't contacted them yet.

baker ross is the place I used to go for that inspiration, seldom bought from them but it gave ideas for us to work on which was often all we wanted. They do have some wooden boxes at a reasonable cost or some card ones for children to decorate and attach Caits rhyme. we had the children catch a kiss and put it inside for mum before tying it up with them.

I will say that I have seen a very proud mum displaying her shopping bag at a till, that her son had decorated for Mothers day.. Baker Ross do sell all the bits for this but there are other companies that sell the bags and paint at reasonable costs...Clever baggers or someone handy with a sewing machine would be even better..

Mothers day was probably the one we used to spend a little more on than other events...

We usually had a child or often 2 being raised by dads only so had to be aware and plan accordingly..

One for Mothers' day, one for Fathers' Day, one for Grandparents' Day?!

I'm planning to make our own paper & stick on a photo of the child then put ribbon at the top, so mums can hang them up. Also want to visit the local church on the following Monday & have the vicar talk to the children about Mothers' day, but I haven't contacted them yet.

which is the reason for mothering Sunday - when people were encouraged to go back to their mother church - you prbably knew that already :o

which is the reason for mothering Sunday - when people were encouraged to go back to their mother church - you prbably knew that already xD

:( Thank you, lashes, I did know but I'm sure there's plenty of people who don't know the origins of it and I hadn't said that was why I want to take the children to church :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)