Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snow!

Panders

Just re-read this - of course, I meant her car, not actually her person!!!!! :(

:o now that has made me laugh! xD

Well, Im about to cancel our restaurant booking--cant get my disabled father out in this, so hopefully we can all get together at my mum's later.

What a shame.

Isn't it odd how everything grinds to a halt these days. I can remember huge snowfalls of well over a foot (over a welly actually) when I was growing up in Leeds, and the schools didn't close, the buses ran (except the first ones of the day perhaps)

One year the snow was so deep on the roof that it brought the gutters crashing down when it slipped.

Does anyone else remember good deep snow?

i used to live in Darlington Cait and remember huge snow drifts....my godmother got married to an australian who had never seen snow....we had nearly 8 foot drifts on the day of their wedding! (it was a fantastic sight and he was SO excited)...and we all managed to get there !

April 8th 1963, woke to find snow half way up our front door (it was glass so easy to see the level without having to go out) on my birthday.

I was keen to see if the post man had brought me anything, needless to say I was dissappointed as we lived on a farm in the sticks and I had to wait until the thaw. It was Easter time so we wern't at school anyway and it was too deep to play out, I was lttle and would have sunk into it!

Happy days, I hate the stuff now and can't wait to see the back of it.

We've ventured outside!!! Wrong kind of snow - no good for snowman making it's so powdery! xD

Back in now for some hot choc! :(

It's perfect for making snowmen here - come on over and we'll make Robin Hood and his Merry Men to go leaping through the garden! :o

started just as we came back from town last night after an emotional viewing of Warhorse and indian meal to follow. Awoke this morning to at least 6inches of the white stuff , my daughter is at friends and has to get bus home although we are not sure it will come all the way into village , have texted all my staff as some may not get in but me thinks preschool tomorrow will be snowballs, hot chocolate and snowmen x

Just texted all 7 of mine & had 2 replies - 1 to remind me she's not tomorrow (I did know but thought it better to text all together than to forget to text her tomorrow!), 1 other to say she's getting the bus instead of driving so may be late. Will see how many get in tomorrow or let me know as this has been an issue in the past...

We'd already planned crumpets & jam for snack so I've added hot choc to that & just hope the kids all come sensibly dressed! Looking forward to playing in the snow, we've had 6 inches here.

We'd already planned crumpets & jam for snack so I've added hot choc to that & just hope the kids all come sensibly dressed! Looking forward to playing in the snow, we've had 6 inches here.

Crumpets and jam - yummy! :o

Have a lovely time in the white stuff! xD

I'm not a fan either but my daughter (27) still gets very excited by it!

all this snow talk... my son (27) also gets excited by snow... but being in Oz with temps of 35-40C is off on holiday to find it...

he always skied each year..this year it is his latest ambition fulfilled..he leaves Friday... and we get a daily snow report from him.. so excited.. his comment we will be up to our head in powder snow when we ski...

latest pics from the resort... take note of the snow walls... puts the all stop here for inches to shame!

Us.. fire lit, warm inside and nowt out!

Edited by Inge

thanks hun will look out for you ...... got all the essentials to take with us - mulled wine, peanuts :oxD:(:(:( :wacko:

Just pulling up outside now........d'you Helen's garden is floodlit :rolleyes: could be tricky making those special snowmen in the dark........oh well I'm sure we could find other ways to amuse ourselves! xD

So sorry I missed this post.

Knew snow was forecast here in north Essex but only found out late last night when I realised I had left the bedroom window open slightly and my pj's on the radiator were covered in a light dusting which had fallen off a heavily dusted window sill. Glad I had another pair!

Snow still thick and am wondering how many parents/staff will get in tomorrow :o

Just pulling up outside now........d'you Helen's garden is floodlit xD could be tricky making those special snowmen in the dark........oh well I'm sure we could find other ways to amuse ourselves! :o

Don't worry - we'll pinch my neighbour's fairy lights! Am warning you now though - you may need a back up plan for the snowmobile, still snow on the garden but the roads are all slush!