Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Have Signed On The Dotted Line!

kristina

Good luck Kris

Hope it all goes ok - take head of what Maz says - hard work and dedication come into to but there are perks - don't bother doing ironing, cleaning or other non-essential work - as you get closer to an assignment deadline you will need these jobs lined up for your procrastination moments - you wait you'll be surprised at how inviting cleaning a dirty oven can become rather than batter out a 5000 word assignment

:o

Not entirely sure if it's the same thing, but I've enrolled for Cert in Early Years through OU, which, I think, is the first unit of the Foundation Degree. Not sure that I really want to commit to another unfinished degree - well, I am sure...I don't want to.

I think my unit starts in October, but something of a shortage in information so getting a bit edgy about it all.

I wish us luck,

Honey

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck. I am starting my second year in Oct with the OU. It is hard work and it is true how much more important cleaning the bathroom and doing the ironing becomes instead of writing your essays. There has been tears and foot stamping during the past year and that is just from me! But I had a very supportive hubby and children that were very proud of their mum returning to education after a 19 year gap. I passed the first year with very high marks and a distinction for the E100 course but I had to work hard for it and you have to learn to live with an ironing pile mountain and a house that is dusty but it is so worth it when you get your results and they tell you that you are clever even though you left school with 5 GCSEs and you can cope with and write at university level. Good luck and the first year will pass in a blur.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)