Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bananas

finleysmaid

i light of the new icon i thought i would dedicate a thread to :o 's to see what interesting and silly things we could comeup with just so that we could use the new xD picture

so here goes :( fans

one day a :( walked into the doctors he said doctor doctor i'm not peeling well

and did you know that most people open their :( the wrong way round

just watch it will change your life.....well maybe just the way you eat :wacko: 's

and did you know that most people open their :o the wrong way round

This is true, I 'learned' how to open a banana the 'correct' way when I lived in the Caribbean. Once when we given a whole hand of bananas to keep in our kitchen to ripen, we hung them across a broom stick, up as we had been told to, and then one evening, we heard 'plop'.....'plop'.......'plop' The bananas were

self peeling and dropping to the floor..we had hung them the wrong way up.

Then when I lived in Afrika, we were able to watch the monkeys peel the bananas the easiest way (usually after they had nicked them from our fruit bowl I have to say!)

Wow! I can't wait to buy bananas so I can open them the right way! I might have to go to asda in a minute! I'm definitely going to teach this to everyone I know!!!

Oh and I always thought bananas were berries... is this not right??

In 2001, there were more than 300 banana-related accidents in Britain, most involving people slipping on skins.

My cousin, who is some years older than me, put a banana skin on the pavement outside my granddads house when we were little and we sat for ages on the wall waiting for people to slip. Obviously no one did because they could see it and us, two giggly little girls. But it whiled away the hours :o

When I was a child my favourite treat was mashed bananas with sugar on top!

Mum used to give us a mashed xD sandwich with sugar sprinkled in it...

Still like the :( sandwich but leave out the sugar!

:o

(ok... over my icon kick!)

Here's an interesting and very useful tip I've just found:

One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.

I might have to have a drink tonight so I can test that out. We all have to make some sacrifices in the name of science!

There's a method of 'sewing' through a banana with needle and thread I once watched, where you stitched through and then pulled the thread tight and right out and when you peeled the banana it was already sliced - was very cool.

PS, I always peel my bananas this way - Nan taught me, and if you hold it right, that funny little black spiky bit comes away with the skin too

There's a method of 'sewing' through a banana with needle and thread I once watched, where you stitched through and then pulled the thread tight and right out and when you peeled the banana it was already sliced - was very cool.

I keep doing this to my husband!!!!!!! makes me smile every time....

we never peel them! we slice them into chunky slices and the children peel each slice on the snack table, they get FMS exercise and stay long enough for a good chat!

Lay a :o on a square of foil......make an incision and pour in rum.....lift up edges of foil to make a sort of parcel and then put on the BBQ....grill for a while then just serve with a dollop of cream or scoop of ice cream

Why don't xD like getting sun burnt?

They peel.

What is the name of the world's greatest :( soccer player?

Peele.

How can you tell the difference between a monster and a :( ?

Try picking it up. If you can't, it's a monster.

What would you call two :( ?

A pair of slippers.

Why couldn't the police arrest the :wacko: ?

Because he split.