Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dumped By Text!

Panders

Well that's a first - one of my mother's has just text to say that after much consideration ................. they are sending their youngest to a different nursery from September, thank you blah blah blah.

I have seen this mother twice a week (she works part time) for over 2 years, both her children come to us, one is off to primary the younger, we thought would be staying is going to go to a pre-school 5 mins along the road from ours.

It isn't because he is going, or I'm losing business to someone else, I just can't get my head round it, that this mother feels this is an appropriate way to tell me.

How rude.

I have a clause on my registration form that if a parent fails to give six weeks' notice of their intention to withdraw their child, and the notice period falls at the beginning of the following term resulting in the loss of nursery education funding, then I reserve the right to charge six weeks at the full, unfunded rate.

Not that I've ever had to enforce it...

Sometimes working with parents can be very hard can't it? :o

Yes I've had one of those too, and one I chased by text wondering where child was after place hadn't been taken up after a week, "Oh we've moved away" well thanks for that! I felt like charging as I could easily have filled her place - have now of course

Ohhh the best one was actually a phonecall but parent stated that a child would not be attending our setting because she had been offered 'free' sessions at her current setting. I did explain that her 15 hrs with us would be accessed free too!!!

Maybe she was embarrassed? She might know you were expecting the child to stay and now she's changed her mind she doesnt want to face you. Limp excuse I know.

I would think she'll find it even harder to face you now!

Just seems a bit disrespectful, particularly after 2 children and 2 years..... just think how much she'll miss you when she realises what she's let go :o

Nona

I think she may well miss us, we have been very supportive of her family, all sorts of situations where we have gone out of our way to smooth the path!

We were looking forward to the youngest child really blossoming next year out of the shadow of the older one, but apparently the other pre-school has a friend of his there who will go to the same primary at the same time, so that's why the move, understandable. Key person will be upset too when i tell her on thursday.

My view is always a philosophical "well If they don't appreciate us then they don't deserve us" one. But a text seems a bit rude and would get my hackles up!. Did you reply by text? And if so , how....

i think I would have been tempted to reply by a smiley face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose she did give it 'in writing'

have you already finished, or will she not be returning any more now?

I would want to ask if she was coming in why she did not tell me in person. Nothing to lose by being blunt to her now!

No Inge, not finished yet, another couple of weeks to go. I expect to see her a few times more, she drops and picks up the children twice per week and a neighbour does the other drop offs and a childminder collects. I shall certainly say she could have, or should have telephoned at the very least.

I think its just a sign of the times - texting is seen by many as an acceptable form of communication, the same as writing a letter or emailing. It does seem likely that she didn't want to tell you to your face, so a little cowardly, but I think us 'oldies' just have to move with the times! :o

I think its just a sign of the times - texting is seen by many as an acceptable form of communication, the same as writing a letter or emailing. It does seem likely that she didn't want to tell you to your face, so a little cowardly, but I think us 'oldies' just have to move with the times! :o

If I can move my zimmer over to the phone I will ask my daughter-in-law what she makes of this! xD

I think its just a sign of the times - but I think us 'oldies' just have to move with the times! :(

xD:o :rolleyes: xD:( :( :wacko: Perhaps so...... never been prepared to think of self as an "oldie" - watch out Sunnyday, we'll move that Zimmer together dear!