Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Things To Do Before You Die!

sunnyday

Sue's Glastonbury thread reminded me of this.......does anyone else have a list of 'things to do before I die'?

Not much on mine now :(

Visit Rome (could do that any time really but......don't really want to go with Mr S. :o I know that sounds really mean but he wouldn't 'appreciate' it......I need to go with someone who would be equally as interested as me xD )

Glastonbury

Sunrise at Stonehenge on Summer Solstice

Rome. Had one day there 2 years ago while on a cruise. Lovely place but need about 3 days to explore and just stand and look. I wanted to sit in a pavemnet cafe with a glass of wine and watch the pretty men!

Berlin. My favourite band are German and a friend saw them play there.

Prague. Because someone told us its lovely.

Cruise the Norwegian fjiords and see the northern lights.

Finally get to the top of Snowdon. I walked and got scared of the drop so had to stop and on the train it only went 3/4 the way because the new track wasnt finished.

Travel across europe by train.

Learn Italian. So I can talk to the pretty men! xD

Theres probably loads more too. :o

Tallinn is beautiful too....

Seriously I need to update my list- we're pretty near an airport and have been working on Europe over the years. (not good for my carbon footprint I know- but we managed to take avantage of cheap flights when they really were cheap!!)

I shall be keeping an eye on this thread for ideas though. Cuba will be on it I think - but only if I can go sooner rather than later.

xxx

Just thought of another one.

I would like time to do anything I want, at my own pace. I want a day, a week, a month to just be me instead of wife, mom, daughter, daughter-in-law and even friend.

My dream is to one day go to a cottage up a mountain track, where the post cant reach and the phones dont work. A well stocked larder, good heating, a slouchy sofa and some music. A small pub, a pile of library books and maybe some drawing or painting stuff so I can see if I can still do it.

It wont cost much but will be priceless.

Anyone need to borrow my cottage?

Just thought of another one.

I would like time to do anything I want, at my own pace. I want a day, a week, a month to just be me instead of wife, mom, daughter, daughter-in-law and even friend.

My dream is to one day go to a cottage up a mountain track, where the post cant reach and the phones dont work. A well stocked larder, good heating, a slouchy sofa and some music. A small pub, a pile of library books and maybe some drawing or painting stuff so I can see if I can still do it.

It wont cost much but will be priceless.

Anyone need to borrow my cottage?

I went to a place like that this spring - in the Lake District.........the only difference was it was with 14 family members!!!!!!!! I could have happily been there on my own though - no: shops, phone signals, or phoneline, but we did have tesco home delivery which was a godsend.... we knew it would be quiet but hadn't realised just how so!

My daughter's new cottage is exactly like that - no internet, mobile signal (unless you walk up onto the top of the moors behind) no shops, small pub, fish and chip van delivery and mobile library van.

I used to daydream about living in a cottage by the sea - painting stones and selling them as doorstops..........

Sounds good to me! :o

That's one of my....'if we win the lottery' dreams.......a little place by the sea....but it would have to be as 'comfy' as my own home - doesn't need to be far away either........oh and I would need to be able to actually 'see' the sea.......

I would love to borrow your cottage please Rea - but could I just move it a little so that it's near the sea? :(:o

Did I miss that bit out??? Definitely needs to be near the sea, just close enough to hear the faint cry of seagulls in the morning.

Cait that sounds divine, perfect xD

Hmmm

On my bucket list I want:

To attend the Oscars (obviously just as a guest!)

Travel across America, perhaps for the whole of one summer holiday.

See Europe

Spend a couple of weeks in New York to really feel NY rather than the tourist at break neck speed my last two visits have been like!

Read all of the books in the pile by my bed, in my cupboard. . . .

See my daughter married to a good man

See my son married to a decent girl

Have time to spend with future grandchildren!

not sure I like the before i die bit.. things to do though

visit sister... New Zealand.. tried it 3 times so far and had to cancel last minute each time..

Son too Oz this time.. perhaps combine the two.. depends on how long they stay there

a long train journey.. actually have done one of these , but would like to do it without being locked on the train.. ( went to Poland via train when we had to travel through East Germany and were locked on the train so we could not get off there.. lots and lots of security checks too! was an experience and a holiday I will never forget or want to repeat!)

visit Berlin.. ( my Grandparents were born there and lived there for a while..)

all mine are around travel... I now do have time to spend doing things I like or want to do.. on my own or with husband.. Son is happily settled with a lovely girl, not much chance of grandchildren (many will know why) , have done things like festivals, summer solstice at Stonehenge, top of Snowdon walked and by train, Rome several times, ans many other things which when I now look back think did I really?

Done Glastonbury and Summer solstice (missed it this year I was working!).

My list:

Spend a week on Lundy

Return to the place my daughter was named after.

Jump out of an aeroplane

Read a book

Get old(er)

Hmmmm, lots of things but a few;

Travel accross europe on the Orient Express (preferably without anyone getting murdered)

Go to New Zealand, Australia, China, NewYork and Los Vegas although not necessarily in that order

Get a hole in one (I am a golfer and I do try evey week) and on that theme watch the Masters in Augusta

Be able to watch a good film without blubbing at some point (seem to cry like a baby on a regular basis these days)

See my kids settled and happy

Celebrate my ruby, silver and golden wedding anniversaries with my lovely hubby (doing 19 years in Aug so a way to go)

Learn to speak Italian faster than Rea so I can talk to the pretty Italians before she can when I am in Rome with Sunnyday xD:o:(

Learn to speak Italian faster than Rea so I can talk to the pretty Italians before she can when I am in Rome with Sunnyday xD:o:(

:( I'll wait a while then before booking our tickets......how long do you think it will take you to learn :wacko: :(

Have to say though that the prettiest man I saw was in Barcelona. Hubby was asking for directions and afterwards he said to me 'did you get that?' I had say I hadnt been listening, just looking! Oh scrummy xD:o

Have to say though that the prettiest man I saw was in Barcelona. Hubby was asking for directions and afterwards he said to me 'did you get that?' I had say I hadnt been listening, just looking! Oh scrummy :(xD

Well I do have Barcelona on my list of places I would like to go as apart from the gorgeous man that gave Rea directions I want to see the Gaudi cathedral :o

Well I do have Barcelona on my list of places I would like to go as apart from the gorgeous man that gave Rea directions I want to see the Gaudi cathedral :o

Thats where we'd been to when we saw the beautiful man.

We didnt go inside because the queue was massive but the outside is fascinating, so much detail and so many things to notice. :(

We've been to Daytona twice. Our friends sister owns a motel on the beach, Atlantic Avenue, what a wonderful address!

I never got burnt but I do believe I have the world speed record for building a sand boat because the sand was too hot to stand on. xD

When is it supposed to be finished?

We went years ago and said we would revisit when finished.

I just need to add, we've done quite a few Europeon city breaks, and when we go we always try and use public transport. Rome was the only place where I actually felt 'uncomfortable' travelling this way- really had to keep your wits about you with regards to pickpockets.

I just need to add, we've done quite a few Europeon city breaks, and when we go we always try and use public transport. Rome was the only place where I actually felt 'uncomfortable' travelling this way- really had to keep your wits about you with regards to pickpockets.

Were they 'pretty' pickpockets? :o

We had a guide in Rome who suddenly started shouting at an old bent lady in a shawl who was shuffling along the pavement.

Turned out it was a fit young man dressed to look like an old lady and con tourists into putting money into the tin she was carrying.

Our guide was having none it, nor the street vendors, mostly African looking, who tried to sell things like fake handbags. He got very irate with all of them, waving his arms and shouting. :o