Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Glastonbury

Not my idea of fun.. do know one forum member is going..

son was going to do the security one year but ended up missing out as he ended up with an exam one of the days...

Have done a few festivals in the past.. Reading was the one that was closest at the time...

son loves Wakestock in Wales..

Hope the weather is not as wet as forecast...

I have dropped my girls off and will join them tomorrow after work - it really is an Amazing festival - the mud is just part if it - I live 15 minutes away and stopped going when my children were small - (18-year break) - now I feel I can return with the older ones - I'm excited :)

Have a fab time shirel. I heard a girl on the radio yesterday who said she worked one Glastonbury now she's a paying customer and she hopes to go every year til she's an old lady.

I usually go.........................I work as one of the volunteer stewards for a charity.But this year I can't go after all, as i have injured my knee( have a torn meniscus/torn hamstring/ damaged cruciate ligament....all done at a Marillion gig!).There is no Glastonbury next year, so I'll be back in 2013. The worst year was a couple of years ago, when it literally was a mudbath all weekend................but it did have its funny moment. I had bought a huge pizza, very expensively.................then slipped, plunging into the mud. I was plastered, but had managed to keep the pizza aloft, and untouched ...............completely edible.My family were hysterical with laughter!

Happy weekend to anyone going!

I'll be interested to hear the views of the people I know who are there but at opposite ends of the accomodation spectrum -

My stepson, with his festival essentials..... a pop up tent, wellies, poncho and wet wipes :o

And a couple I childmind for are there, but in a rather nice caravan they've hired on site - own toilet, shower, heating!!!!

Nona

And a couple I childmind for are there, but in a rather nice caravan they've hired on site - own toilet, shower, heating!!!!

Now that is my kind of style!

I'm going to my first festival this year, Hop Farm in Kent. My son is going with me, so I'll be in good hands! We're only going for the day, so it'll be a taster for me.

Maybe I'll do Glastonbury in 2013 - milestone birthday for me! :o

We went in 2005, the year where we had about 2 months of rain in 2 hours s or something stupid, people had tents flooded and stuff and they closed gates to carparks and stuff so this year it's not as bad as it has been. We have felt envy at seeing patches of grass in the coverage.

It was like an endurance test with all the mud and trudging through it but probably the most amazing festival experience I have had to date. :o

We are taking our 2 year old to Camp Bestival this year, can't wait.