Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Update On The Girl I Found

Rea

It's taken a while, but the police have been back in touch and have sent me details of the events after the girl ran off again.

It doesnt really answer why it was ok to let mom collect but at least they followed it up and had proceedures in place.

The log reads that you located the girl and that there was already a separate log created from her mother reporting her missing. The child's mother was informed of her daughters location and she stated that she would pick her up. The girls mother was informed that officers would be attending the home address shortly afterwards to conduct a routine safe and well on both parties. This is a routine procedure to ensure the wellbeing of both parties and establish if there are any issues that need investigating/referring to other agencies (eg. Social Services).

The log then reads that at 22:07hrs you reported the girl had run off from her mother. Units were directed to the scene and at 20:14hrs the log is updated to say a Police Sgt had located and was with the young girl. Due to data protection I am not able to tell you any further in relation to that female however, I can reassure you that she was safe & well and the matter was dealt with according to the girl's wishes. I hope this helps?

Quite a relief :o

Thanks for that Rea - tidies up a loose thread.

Being a busy-body is fraught with insecurity. Have I done the right thing? Or not? Just before your starter post, I had reason to be a busy-body (again?). I rang my niece and nephew's head teacher - in Australia! Just to let the school know that the children may be at risk - acute mental health issues in the family and the children had moved school three times in a year. I was gratified that the HT listened and asked questions and was thankful for some information that wasn't forthcoming from other sources. I hope that nobody ever finds out what a busybody I've been, but I'm glad I did it - might just save my little darlings from a dangerous situation.

And I hope your young lady takes comfort in someone supporting her - might give her the courage to fight her corner 'cos someone somewhere will be watching out for her.

Well done you,

Honey