Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Light Box/light Table

I'm thinking of investing in one of these and would like some input from all you lovely folk out there who already have one - what are the positive or negative aspects of the one you have? Which is the most sensibly priced? Where is the best place to get one from? etc

Any thought gratefully received!

I have the small table top light box - the children absolutely love it. I like the fact that it can go wherever we want it to (and it is a nice slimline one that we keep in its original box so doesn't take up much space in my cupboard). Ours has a fairly short lead which is good because children don't get caught up in it, but it does mean it needs to go near a power supply, obviously. It has one of those little switches with a circular disc which children can easily manage to switch on and off themselves. Ours also has hooks on the back so that you could hang it if you wanted to.

I got mine from Reflections on Learning - you can see it here. I also bought a selection of x-rays to go with it too - great for when we have a hospital role play!

we have the small table top one too the children do enjoy experimenting with it. However, if you can afford it I would go for the Reflections on Learning light station- as it is on wheels you can move it anywhere in the setting (that is near a socket) and the built in storage is ideal to keep resources to be used with it.

http://www.reflectionsonlearning.co.uk/s/l...56/Product.aspx

how many thousands do you need? We've been banking ours, but noticed last year that we seem to have lost the previous years! So down to a little over 1000 now :o

cant remember but it wasnt too bad ...i am getting very good at asking for more when im shopping...saying i'll have peoples when they say they dont want them...contacting anyone who might be able to collect them but doesnt etc etc etc!!!(if you look online you can find out the details) :o

A little experiment to see if I can upload a photo......

Light_station.doc

Woohoo! I did it! xD

The 'sparkly' numbers shown in the photo were purchased with Tesco vouchers or was it Sainsburys :( well one or the other!

Also have 'clear' coloured counters, shapes, sheets of coloured cellophane, 'skeleton' leaves, 'discovery blocks' - with coloured liquid 'middles'.....hmmm.......sure there's more - suffering from 'fried' brain today! :o

Edit to say - I didn't really 'do it' at all - I was hoping for the photo to show - ah well I tried!

Edited by sunnyday

A little experiment to see if I can upload a photo......

Edit to say - I didn't really 'do it' at all - I was hoping for the photo to show - ah well I tried!

it doesn't show as you uploaded a document with the photo in it.. (.doc file)

had you uploaded just the photo it would have been seen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)