Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef Updated Online

sunnyday

I have just updated my SEF online - woohoo another job cleared from my 'to do' list! :o

I was secretly hoping that I might 'go in' and find that my SEF was 'frozen' as I am really hoping for an inspection ..... we still have not had an inspection since the dawn of the EYFS xD anyway, needless to say it was not locked or frozen :(

So.....my question is......is that just a myth? Has anyone found their SEF frozen/locked just before inspection? Or has anyone found that they could still access freely and then had an inspection?

I'm sorry Sunny but you really will have to wait your turn, we are first in line for the inspectors.

:o

Not sure about the frozen myth, but well done on updating. Remember the SEF refusers club? Haven't updated ours for a while, it is on a to do list somewhere but I have more important things to be getting on with.

One tip is to have a little 'SEF update book' where staff can scribble down things as they do them - otherwise you tend to forget all those fab things that go on.

Promise to 'wait in line' nicely Suzie! :(

Oh yes, 'SEF Refusers Club' - believe that I was a 'founding member'! :o Definitely lost my place in that club now - not only is my SEF updated - but I am the proud owner of an all singing, all dancing SEF folder xD can you believe it I am a 'reformed character' :( (well, maybe not - just trying to do anything that may make for a 'smooth' inspection! :( )

Like the idea of the 'SEF update book'.......

I plan to hand it to the inspector when she arrives, and say 'this is all the stuff we would have put in SEF if you a. paid us for this job and b. didn't constantly give us other paperwork to deal with.'

Glad to see you making a nice straight line, I think bridger wanted to join us, she can go at the back.

A SEF folder? ..........you really are letting the side down! Now I'll have to go and make one.......

PS - What's in it???!!!

Anyway we're first for the inspection. I have managed to put put some kind of SEF online, but it still has bits missing.

Now I'm thinking perhaps I need a SEF folder as back up. We have got a copy in a folder with notes and various bits and bobs in it............does that class a SEF folder or has yours got definite things in it?

xxx

The frozen SEF has been true on one occassion for us but not on another, so it is possible. I would try to get as much into the SEF online as possible, as they will ask you fewer questions on the day, but use the SEF to verify what you have said is true. This is much easier than trying to come up with stuff on the spot!

Don't worry it's not a folder, just a tiny (A6) size notebook with a label on it saying 'SEF update book'. It really is just full of scribbled things that would be good to mention in our SEF. All staff are welcome to add stuff into it. It's so easy to forget the good practice you do.

How come Looby lou has pushed in at the front of the line? Let's do it on who's been overdue longest.

We were due last May, so will be a year overdue soon. Anyone else been waiting longer?

:oxD:(

A SEF folder? ..........you really are letting the side down! Now I'll have to go and make one.......

PS - What's in it???!!!

Anyway we're first for the inspection. I have managed to put put some kind of SEF online, but it still has bits missing.

Now I'm thinking perhaps I need a SEF folder as back up. We have got a copy in a folder with notes and various bits and bobs in it............does that class a SEF folder or has yours got definite things in it?

xxx

Ahem! Are you even in the queue? When did you join? Now as I understand it the order is ...Suzie, me, bridger.....if you would like to join please stand behind bridger and no pushing! :o

SEF folder contents: SEF, SEF Action Plan, Copies of Policies, Parents as Partners - parent's comments and parent surveys, Newsletters, SIP and DW Notes of Visits, Forms/Documents used regularly in the setting (loads of 'stuff' in that section!), Examples of planning and evaluation, Examples of Key Person plans, Action Plans, Staff details - qualifications/safeguarding checks etc.etc., Staff meeting records, Risk Assessments, Photos, External Agencies - contact details etc.

I have no idea whether this is really necessary - I just plan to hand to inspector, I shall be wearing my best smile at the time....then I'm hoping that there is plenty in their to keep him/her occupied, so that we are not answering too many questions! :( - Well I can hope! xD

Don't worry it's not a folder, just a tiny (A6) size notebook with a label on it saying 'SEF update book'. It really is just full of scribbled things that would be good to mention in our SEF. All staff are welcome to add stuff into it. It's so easy to forget the good practice you do.

How come Looby lou has pushed in at the front of the line? Let's do it on who's been overdue longest.

We were due last May, so will be a year overdue soon. Anyone else been waiting longer?

:oxD:(

Suzie - looby loo was (I think) referring to my all singing, all dancing SEF folder! :(

Oh you def. deserve to be at the front of the queue - we were due last November, hmmm wonder how 'overdue' bridger and looby loo are - I don't want to slip too far back in this line.....

The frozen SEF has been true on one occassion for us but not on another, so it is possible. I would try to get as much into the SEF online as possible, as they will ask you fewer questions on the day, but use the SEF to verify what you have said is true. This is much easier than trying to come up with stuff on the spot!

Hi happychap - thank you for your response.......hmmm....so.....we can't really tell about the 'frozen SEF'.....

Phew........ A6 book I can manage.

sunnyday ... we have our old Operational Plan still, which sounds like your folder. I shall go in early Monday morning and give it a new name (and change/update a few bits!!!!)

Our inspect due last June so that puts me behind suziecb.............

Mine is eight months overdue and I havent updated my online SEF since July 2010!!!! I am worried all the time about it, but lost my security token and have only just got round to asking for a new one! Hopefully this time next week I will have updated mine.....I have aprinted out version with post its on to show what I will change when I get online!

aaw thanks...posts its it is for now then......tis Friday night, glass of wine in one hand....funding forms in the other.....another ten minutes and I will be able to relax finally......well until tomorrow when I need to plan for next week and get the Chinese New Year noodles and stuff.....not really moaning just offering that kindred spirit information to lots of forum friends who completely understand... :o

Had such a lovely day with the children.....reading Peace at Last all week, sat on the carpet this afternoon with 22 children - at least 17 of them completely reciting the story to me as I read....filling in sounds and repeated refrains as we went...nice end to the week..love my job (most of the time) xD

Now come on my lovelies you know i so desperately want them to come to me first [not] and we were due 3 years November, but i am queing patiently honest. :o

As for you being an inspector Happy Maz, yes please, you can come to our setting anytime and share your wisdom, kind words and first hand experience of the real challenges we face on a daily basis. xD

Just wondering how many of us are waiting for an inspection and feel the big O are overdue.

Our last inspection was 3yrs 11mths ago xD

Well I would start a 'poll' if only I knew how! :rolleyes:

Reckon you have gone to the head of our nice orderly queue Geraldine! :(

Mine is eight months overdue and I havent updated my online SEF since July 2010!!!! I am worried all the time about it, but lost my security token and have only just got round to asking for a new one! Hopefully this time next week I will have updated mine.....I have aprinted out version with post its on to show what I will change when I get online!

Sorry shirel - didn't mean to show off - well perhaps I did - just a little :o I hadn't updated mine since August hence my 'action' today! :wacko: Post its sound fine to me! xD

In chat last night we all agreed that I should become a Mrs Ofsted. I'd say that would be fine, Shirel! :(

Sounds good to me.......don't s'pose you'd cover Kent though :unsure: :(

Ok take it all back...... :( :wacko: xD :rolleyes: :unsure: New Ofsted security token arrived this morning....yes I am feeling smug, have updated half of it tonight! Will do the other half tomorrow night, feeling knackered now :oxD .. I know it is probably sad but I quite like doing it....I will email it too other staff tomorrow for their twopenneth but I feel it is a worthwhile (I know it is time consuming) but reflecting on what we do cant be a bad thing can it.......they better come next week! Or the week after would be a bit better - need to tackle the Operational Plan next.... :( :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)