Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Positive Thinking!

This is a purely selfish post and for that I am sorry, but I really, really, really would ike everyone on here, who feels they are able to have positive thoughts about the snow going away.

The reason for this; I have had tickets booked for the past year for the last Simply Red concert at the O2 on Sunday and I just have to go!!

I am a massive, massive, massive Simply Red fan, have been for about 20 years or so and I just have to get to London on Sunday!!!

I don't live that far from London but everything is hanging on the weather!!!

So please, if you feel you can, all have positive thoughts for the snow to go and for me to get to the O2, it will make one very mad lady very, very, very happy!!!

I thank you and wish you all a super duper Christmas and a fab New Year x

Edited by Guest

I hope you get here janny. remember many years ago having the same worries about an ELO concert (showing my age). We managed to get there in -15 degrees, but most of the seats were empty . But they rescheduled the concert at no extra cost and we got to see them again!

Wonder how many bands would do that nowadays!

I also need the southern snow to disappear! My daughter is having a few days away from her snowbound house in the North Yorkshire Moors - two days in London then flying off to Guernsey to holiday with friends for a few days, from Gatwick. She REALLY needs this holiday, so a thaw down there would be a great help for us too!

Right here goes............................................................................

snow snow go..........................................................................away

Keeping everything crossed for you and all those hoping to travel, see loved ones, or doing something special. :o

xxx

Positive thoughts from me too - need no snow along the A40 & north london on Christmas Eve as I have a luxury spa Christmas break booked. Having dodged chickenpox, the high temp/sickness thing and recovered from tonsilitis and a trapped nerve in both sides of my neck I really need this break! (It's also my first ever christmas away and on my own too) :o

Edited by Guest

HUGE go away snow vibes from me and hope you get there, also hoping my son will be able to get to Penrith for Christmas and my son in London will be able to get home

BUT.........

life is fragile and gone in a hearbeat so wherever we want to be and whatever we want to do it really isn't worth risking life and limb if the conditions are horrendous!

It certainly is. And I've had a very stark reminder this morning when I got a text to say that one of my ex-preschool children's dad died this morning of a chest infection - he was still up and thinking he should go to the doctor yesterday. Children are 8 and 6. No happy Christmas for them this year, or for a few years to come.

It certainly is. And I've had a very stark reminder this morning when I got a text to say that one of my ex-preschool children's dad died this morning of a chest infection - he was still up and thinking he should go to the doctor yesterday. Children are 8 and 6. No happy Christmas for them this year, or for a few years to come.

How completely awful for them :o I almost cried when I read that, it's so so sad, I can't imagine what my childhood would have been like without my dad.

Also I have a chest infection at the moment so this is very worrying on a personal level.

Positive thought for you janny, I think its this weekend that the snows here, rain tomorrow and then chilly.

Cait thats awful. Devestating to loss someone but this time of year makes it so much worse.

You are so right Geraldine and I've decided that unless the weather picks up we won't be going; no matter how much I love Mick Hucknall I love my family more.

Cait so very sorry to hear the news; my heart and thoughts and prayers go out to the family (any you) x

Well after much umming and ahing and hearing horror stories yesterday we decided not to go, as the time for the concert gets closer I am feeling more and more miserable even though I know we have made the right decision; and like an idiot I am sitting here crying!!! Not like I haven't seen them in concert before, but still gutted.

For everyone else who was travelling this weekend or expecting visitors I hope your plans turned out well for you

Have a fab christmas everyone!!

The reason for this; I have had tickets booked for the past year for the last Simply Red concert at the O2 on Sunday and I just have to go!!

I do wonder if they will add one extra date in the New Year - wouldn't that be a fantastic thing for them to do for all their avid fans who could not make this show, - was this their very last show or are there others in the series of the farewell tour - perhaps you could appeal to Mick Hucknall directly and see if he sends more tickets for his No.1 fan.

I do feel so sorry for you, but you must have made the right decision in the end - travel etc. is just too chaotic at the moment.

Put your CDs on at full blast and have a good blub! I know exactly what you feel like so can totally sympathise with you. As Panders says, maybe there'll be another opportunity. Is he on Twitter or something? I would imagine that lots of folk have decided that their personal safety is more valuable, and not gone, so I'm sure you're not alone!

:o It's sad when the weather disrupts long-held plans - we missed my Hubby's Christmas Do on Saturday.... we were snowed in at home instead of a night in a 4 star spa hotel in Stratford but wouldn't have felt safe attempting the journey or expecting my Mum to travel to our house to stay with our daughter.

There'll be other parties other Christmasses, and as Cait's post so sadly illustrates, not everyone can say the same.

Wishing everyone stays safe and warm,

Nona x

But our positive thinking got Gatwick clear enough for my daughter to fly to Guernsey to see her Godson. It looked as if the flight would be cancelled, after much delay, and then it was displayed as 'cancelled, go to desk' and when they got there they were told to go and check in! They sat on the tarmac (not literally - on the plane) for an hour and then finally took off and she got to Guernsey safely.

Now if only she can get back on Thursday ......................... More positive thoughts peeps!!!

Fingers firmly crossed for Thursday :o

Thoough our village is pretty dire the main roads have been fine today - well not too bad is what i mean!

Any chance positive vibes and finger crossing could be applied tomorrow? My youngest son is setting out to drive to Penrith. He has all the gear in the boot that he could possibly need if he meets bad weather en route. He is travelling in daylight and yes I wish he wasn't going but that's just me being selfish.

He should be ok today, Village roads are all nice and clear now, although we've just had a snow flurry. The gritters and ploughs have done a terrific job of keeping the main roads clear. We're a really small village and our road's clear, so the bigger ones must be fine