Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

At Last, Christmas Tv, Something To Look Forward To!

I think we all need something to look forward to at the moment.

Christmas yes, but often it's not the most wonderful time of the year, it's the most stressful time of the year!

But lets hope that we can sit down and watch a bit of Christmas TV. For years I have been so disappointed with what's on offer but this year... I am sooo excited!

A new series of Upstairs Downstairs! Can't believe my luck! Only one original cast member and I'm really not that keen on Keely Hawes but nevertheless - I'll be glued! I thought Downton Abbey was a treat, but this... fabulous!

Secondly a new Poirot for my little grey cells!

Oh someone please get me a time machine!

Thirdly Garrow's law star Andrew Buchan stars in the retelling of the Nativity - Mary and Joseph in the beginning. Sounds very interesting!

That got me on to thinking about my favourite Christmas film...

All time top of the pops is Santa Claus the Movie with Dudley Moore

Muppets Christmas Carol runs alongside Elf - Will Ferrell is just fantastic in it

So, which is your favourite Christmas film? Or what are you looking forward to watching of this festive season?

Answers on a postcard please!

ppp

my Husband wishes there was jsut one movie, but there are so many Christmas ones I love

both mentioned above are in the list

Miracle on 34th street.. the original but I can also be found watching the newer version :o

Holiday Inn

and since I have found the Christmas channels I am watching all sorts... like the Christmas ones!

Home Alone 1 or 2, dont mind which but not 3.

I'm looking forward to Upstairs Downstairs too, I used to love it whne i was little. mrs Bridges and Hudson Rose and the put upon scullery maid. Was it Ruby?

With you there panders!

Yes she sang it on and off a table in her digs while having her affair with James. But I think she also sang it in the servants hall while celebrating her and Thomas' engagement and Lady Marjorie walked in!

Nightmare before christmas is one of my all time favourites.

Surely that describes what you are going through at the moment with the pre-school Rea!

I quite fancy the television 4 parter called Nativity which they have been plugging on t.v., but I know there is a "comedy" Nativity film out.

Did anyone see the t.v. Nativity programme a few years ago, where adults were playing children doing the Nativity story - so good, I wonder if that will get a repeat now - maybe on ITV3!

Surely that describes what you are going through at the moment with the pre-school Rea!

I quite fancy the television 4 parter called Nativity which they have been plugging on t.v., but I know there is a "comedy" Nativity film out.

Did anyone see the t.v. Nativity programme a few years ago, where adults were playing children doing the Nativity story - so good, I wonder if that will get a repeat now - maybe on ITV3!

Wow I saw that one, it was fantastic, I was trying to explain this to someone the other day and I gave up after a while as I couldn't explain it well enough, but it was really great!! Good to see I'm not alone!

Spiral

Yes, I was on the edge of my sofa! It was portrayed so well.

I was so cross on Tuesday watching Loose Women, they were chatting about it after a review in one of the newspapers. The report said how it was 'youth talk' and it had been modernised. So they got on their high horses saying that was awful - only 1 had seen it and only 5mins at that.

I admit at first I was a bit set back that it wasn't in biblical tongue, like what I'm used to with the story, but it enabled the viewer to really understand the raw emotion felt by the characters.

Just amazing

Andrew Buchan has fantastic eyes!

• 2 weeks later...

remembered this when I was watching it , by chance saw it was being shown and recorded it..

The Flint Street Nativity - was shown on ITV3 in the middle of the night..