Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Packs For Sale

SazzJ

It's plain WRONG that settings can't get hold of paper copies of a government enforced statutory curriculum that is inspected by a government body like Ofsted.

Out of interest has anyone talked to their LA to ask them to download and print the materials for them?

This is a tricky one really: everyone knows the EYFS is being reviewed and that this is likely to lead to the documents being changed. There would be an outcry if thousands of copies of the EYFS materials had to be scrapped to the cost of the public purse because more and more had been ordered during the review period.

I'd have thought that the LA has a duty to ensure that practitioners have access to the EYFS documentation so that they can operate effectively, and with the lack of funding we certainly shouldn't be expected to print it all out ourselves. That said, I'm sure the LAs would argue they don't have that much money either.

Another thought though - how many of us have multiple copies sitting in a cupboard that we don't need? Perhaps now is the time to dig them out and return them to our LAs or pass them onto a group who really needs them? :o

Imagine the outcry if schools couldn't get their hands on copies of the national curriculum!!

I have a feeling that hard copies of the NC have been unavailable for quite some time, again its download only now!

Our LA have kept a few copies for exactly the situation Wendles is in, for new settings and new childminders. So its worth a check just in case.

I do think selling them on ebay is completely wrong and would not purchase one my self. Would the EYFS started I did have two copies, however these were both left with my nursery while I was on maternity leave. Now that I have left the company to become a childminder I am in despereate need of a copy and can not afford to print it all off the net. So do I wait or give in and buy one?

So do I wait or give in and buy one?

Personally I wouldn't buy one - if it were me I'd speak to my childminding co-ordinator and see what s/he advises. You shouldn't have to pay for a free publication. Apart from anyting else, I would really resent paying someone who is prepared to exploit others in order to make a quick buck. :o

You can order copies of the national curriculum from the QCDA.

Having said that, you do have to pay £13. Perhaps they're cheaper on ebay!! :o

I'd have thought that the LA has a duty to ensure that practitioners have access to the EYFS documentation so that they can operate effectively, and with the lack of funding we certainly shouldn't be expected to print it all out ourselves. That said, I'm sure the LAs would argue they don't have that much money either.

Yup - you're right..no money. No staff or jobs either for that matter. You'll be lucky to have a LA in the future I reckon if it goes on like it is currently!!

We could only ever get a certain number anyway and then we cannot order any more of any item If we try we just get told that settings have to order for themselves or download.

And given its 2 years on from the bumper boxloads we got originally to give out they've all gone!!!

Cx

And given its 2 years on from the bumper boxloads we got originally to give out they've all gone!!!

So what advice are you giving settings that need to get hold of a copy in your authority catma? :o

Guest jenpercy
if u want a copy of it then you can download it for free at TES ( just type it in google) you just need to register and you can get loads of stuff for eyfs! Hope this helps x

Although I have the pack, I tend to use search online as it is easier to whiz through pages. The document is not very user friendly

I agree that being able to search the pdf for the information you need is much quicker than wading through the book! However that isn't always suitable during session time and if I want to look at or for the development matters statements, then I'd turn to the book.

I do think selling them on ebay is completely wrong and would not purchase one my self. Would the EYFS started I did have two copies, however these were both left with my nursery while I was on maternity leave. Now that I have left the company to become a childminder I am in despereate need of a copy and can not afford to print it all off the net. So do I wait or give in and buy one?

Ah - wish I really did have a 'spare' - as per my earlier post :o I would have gladly sent it to you! xD

• 1 month later...

I don't suppose anyone anywhere has spare copies of the statutory and non statutory EYFS books that came in the pack?

I am distraught my 'bible's have gone for a walk. I had a visitor from a preschool overseas who came to discuss how we run our preschool. They have now returned thousands of miles home and alas my books have gone too :(:(:( :wacko:

I might have to resort to ebay :o I need to replace them but just thought I would ask here first, I have a problem paying for something that was Government issue! Happy to pay postage of course and a donation to charity too maybe xD

I know it's a long shot but just thought I would ask... with a great big pretty please of course!!

I don't suppose anyone anywhere has spare copies of the statutory and non statutory EYFS books that came in the pack?

I am distraught my 'bible's have gone for a walk. I had a visitor from a preschool overseas who came to discuss how we run our preschool. They have now returned thousands of miles home and alas my books have gone too :(:(:( :wacko:

I might have to resort to ebay :o I need to replace them but just thought I would ask here first, I have a problem paying for something that was Government issue! Happy to pay postage of course and a donation to charity too maybe xD

I know it's a long shot but just thought I would ask... with a great big pretty please of course!!

I have downloaded the adobe files - could you do that?

I have downloaded the adobe files - could you do that?

Yes I have downloaded them Cait but the only PC access at work is the children's laptops with their software so I can only access it at home.

I thought about printing it but with 116 pages for one and 54 for the other I might as well go and bid on ebay as pay for cost of printing and get the proper 'books'. Not that I am 'tight' at all it just kind of goes against the grain to pay for something issued free and I am wary of the Crown copyright issue too.

I have a staff member going on a "welcome to the EYFS for new practitioners course" and she's been asked to bring her copy of the EYFS with her... not quite sure where they expect her to get it from, shall be interested how many other people take along a copy...

Which bit is it particularly that you feel you need on a daily basis?

Is this any use to you?

I've done this and have it laminated on the wall to refer to, someone else on here has uploaded the 'look listen note' aspects too

wall_eyfs.pdf

Which bit is it particularly that you feel you need on a daily basis?

Is this any use to you?

I've done this and have it laminated on the wall to refer to, someone else on here has uploaded the 'look listen note' aspects too

Oh Cait thank you :o

How stupid am I???

On my computer I have something almost the same except I have the age bands and it only starts from 16-24 months. I originally did them for children's profiles and just didn't think to print and laminate !!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)