Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Health Problems

dublinbay

Hi everyone,

My apologies for neglecting my 'birthday greeter's' role recently.

I've been feeling 'off' for ages now and have finally been diagnosed as diabetic....type 2. It's a bit complicated with having high blood pressure too but at least I know why I've felt very tired with no energy.

Trying to be positive about everything and just thankful I can control the diabeties with diet and tablets. Yes....as I am rather portly I am on a fairly strict diet to lose lots and lots of weight. If only will-power could be bottled!!

Am off to the Bull Ring in Birmingham tomorrow for a long weekend to cheer myself up with some retail therapy...........will let you know if it works!! :o

Sorry to hear about that Miriam! I know it can never be anything but bad to be given a diagnosis like that, but they seem to have such a good handle on it these days that hopefully you'll be able to get on top of it very quickly!

Don't you worry about the birthday roster, I'm sure others will help out until you are feeling well enough to take up your rightful position! :o

Take care and do enough but not too much. xD

My Father -in-Law too! It seems to be a big lifestyle change for a 75 year old to take on, especially when M-i-L thinks it's 'a load of tosh at his age' - hopefully it'll be simpler for you as you're in charge of your own kitchen, diet etc.

Lets hope that diet and exercise do their bit for you - recent research in the States points to a huge improvement if you are able to take it fully on board.

I'll be thinking about you - let us know how you get on

Hi Dublinbay; sorry to hear your news, I too have been diagnosed with type2 diabetes, also have high blood pressure.

Like you my diabetes is controlled by diet and tablets, as is my blood pressure. I too was feeling down when diagnosed but the feeling you feel when you start feeling (too many "feels" methinks!) better is great and wipes away the worry.

I recently had a check up/review and am happy to say that my diabetes is under control, as is my high BP. I'm just thankful that I feel better because I didn't realise how bad I felt till the tablets kicked in and I started feeling better!!

Enjoy your break away x

Edited by Guest

My dad's the same, he has a problem saying 'no' to cakes, chocolates and puddings and my mom has a problem in nt buying them!! Daft couple.Hope you soon start to feel better though, I know it can knock you about a bit.

Enjoy the Bullring, I actually dont think its all its cracked up to be and avoid it if at all possible, but as a visitor you might like it. The German market is on in New Street all the way up to the council house and art gallery, usually pretty good. Enjoy :o

If you are away for the weekend does that mean yours is empty? Could the gang pop round?

Eh ..........no!

Hubby and kids will be manning the fort. However, if you were to turn up he may get you hoovering or dusting or hangng out washing. Poor thing.....he doesn't do too well on the domestic front.

Perhaps stick to partying in the summer hols!!!!

Thank you for all your kind wishes everyone. I'm hoping to be feeling better real soon.

Sorry to miss the CIN events on the forum on Friday.........good luck with everything. :o

Hope you start to feel better very soon, sometimes just getting the diagnosis helps.... at least you know why you were feeling bad!

Enjoy Brum... as Rea says, the Frankfurt German Market is well worth a visit and it opens today!! You'll soon feel VERY Christmassy :o

Nona