Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Proper Nursery Rant

Rea

You'd think that after 12 years I'd be used to parents making silly comments, but honestly, the mom who said it today is a NN in a surestart centre. She wants her child to come to us once a week, "not because he's badly behaved 'cos he's not, but 'cos I think he'd like it. Just till he starts proper nursery".

Go boil your head!!!

:o

You'd think that after 12 years I'd be used to parents making silly comments, but honestly, the mom who said it today is a NN in a surestart centre. She wants her child to come to us once a week, "not because he's badly behaved 'cos he's not, but 'cos I think he'd like it. Just till he starts proper nursery".

Go boil your head!!!

I will remember that one 'Go boil your head' xD:(:(

Stay calm you know how hard you work and most of the people on here totally understand

Edited by Bigsue

I can only assume that you were full!

Inge

Unfortunatly we'd spoken about him starating before she said that! Otherwise, yes, most definitly would have been full. Apart from anything else, he'll just be settled and then she'll move him! We get all the tears, tantrums and behaviour problems with new ones and then they're whisked away. We dont move children at any other age, deeming it too disruptive to their friend groups an learning.

Unfortunatly we'd spoken about him starating before she said that! Otherwise, yes, most definitly would have been full. Apart from anything else, he'll just be settled and then she'll move him! We get all the tears, tantrums and behaviour problems with new ones and then they're whisked away. We dont move children at any other age, deeming it too disruptive to their friend groups an learning.

Pity..I also feel that children are often moved a lot at this age but would never be moved later unless really necessary.. I sometimes had 3 yr olds where we were the 3rd placement, and then they were moved on again. or the ones where they tried to move the child one term before starting school so they can meet someone they will go to school with..

often felt I wanted to include the question on the reg form about how long the child would be with us..

Inge

:o how patronising of her! Hope she learns the error of her ways when she sees how her son benefits from her time with you - you'll be educating two for the price of one xD

Nona

Go boil your head!!!

I have just one thing to say - arrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!

Honestly the absolute nerve of some people xD

Chin up Rea - we all get them! :(

We've all got them Rea.......I have a parent that sends her child to me on a Friday to play and Montessori nursery the rest of the week to LEARN! :unsure: xD :rolleyes: xD:( :( :(:o :wacko:

Hi Rea i can sympathise with your comments but regarding the last post, montessori being a nursery for educating, and proper nursery.I think we need to keep on slogging away to show parents/carers how important our provisions are in the early years, and that society i'm afraid has a lot to answer for. This is only the beginning then its ballet, swimming, gymnastics, football, brownies, singing classes ..................the list goes on and on and god forbid if your child isn't top in all of them.

Lets celebrate their childhood it goes so quickly. xD:o

We've all got them Rea.......I have a parent that sends her child to me on a Friday to play and Montessori nursery the rest of the week to LEARN! :ph34r: :unsure: ;)xD:(:(:(:o :rolleyes:

yes we have the Montessori comments too.

"we come to you because you're all friendly and playie - but the montessori to learn"

Personally I happy for children to go to both, but I do wish they'd see us for what we are!!

ps - I know I made up the spelling of 'playie' :wacko: xD

oh dear- we really do live in the dark ages still......i think the key to improvement in society is educating the parents first off and let the children enjoy their childhood!

I for one am use to being treated as a 'babysitter' even though I am NNEB, have a 'GOOd' in all 5 areas and in my second year of a foundation degree!! But i still love being a childminder!!! (but do prefer early years professional lol)

oh dear- we really do live in the dark ages still......i think the key to improvement in society is educating the parents first off and let the children enjoy their childhood!

I for one am use to being treated as a 'babysitter' even though I am NNEB, have a 'GOOd' in all 5 areas and in my second year of a foundation degree!! But i still love being a childminder!!! (but do prefer early years professional lol)

xD I was recently asked if I'd get a "PROPER" job when I finish my FD!!!

As an outstanding childminder what have I been doing all these years????????????????

Oh yes - babysitting and watching daytime tv :o

Nona

Makes you mad doesnt it???!!!

Sarah Treacher the new minister for children is in this months U5C from the PLA. She is excited about the new early years leader graduate scheme, whereby top graduates go into early years. They will improve the profile and status of EY No talk of experience being necessary so that seems like another blow to all the hard work and commitment EY workers have shown over the years. Experience doesnt seem to matter. Unless I read it wrongly!

xD I was recently asked if I'd get a "PROPER" job when I finish my FD!!!

As an outstanding childminder what have I been doing all these years????????????????

Oh yes - babysitting and watching daytime tv :o

Nona

oh nona i agree i just love jeremy kyle and just let the children 'play' by my feet.....so will you get a proper job when your done?? which year are you studying?

x

oh nona i agree i just love jeremy kyle and just let the children 'play' by my feet.....so will you get a proper job when your done?? which year are you studying?

x

xD Wonder which of the 6 areas of learning Jeremy Kyle covers?

Just starting my 3rd year Integrated Children and Young People's Services, planning to go on to top-up to BA Hons before I look for "proper" job :o but have to decide which BA to do..... decisions, decisions!

Nona

Edited by Guest