Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

You Start To Feel Old When.....

mps09

Then that coin is special! :o

I had an old moment this weekend, went to daughter in laws hen night, pub crawl, meal, cocktails then night club! Couldn't believe the nagging I got about holding my handbag ALL THE TIME or it will go! we used to dance around our bags, they all found that really funny.

The worst thing is at 2.30 in the morning I needed to go home, my feet were killing and I needed a cup of tea!!! It was yummie xD

BUT yesterday and today the legs have stopped working!!!! :( I have sat here and got sooooooo much work prepared for going back staff will be amazed, so I suppose thats good, I just can't walk without pain! the inner thighs ache like i have done a marathon :(

Sue

lol!! :oxD:(

You know what they say....... you know you're getting old when you pass your children on the stairs but they're going out and you're going to bed!!

:(:(

and even older when they go to bed and you are still up as you have reached the needs less sleep age

when your child becomes your taxi driver!

Inge

when your child becomes your taxi driver!

..........yes and revenge is sweet - I made my daughter listen to a non-stop 'my little pony' cassette when she drove me somewhere the other day. Every time she tried to turned it off I started screaming!!!

xxx

..........yes and revenge is sweet - I made my daughter listen to a non-stop 'my little pony' cassette when she drove me somewhere the other day. Every time she tried to turned it off I started screaming!!!

xxx

ours was having him drive us to the airport so we could go away on holiday! (and collect us when we returned...)

Inge

What a great thread! :unsure:

You haven't lived if you haven't 'danced round your handbags'! xD

I will be feeling very old next week when my beautiful grandson starts secondary school :o mind you his dad (my son aged 37) was recently referred to as my 'husband'! :( I thought that was wonderful - not sure he was so pleased! ;):(

I do secretly enjoy any chance to cause my sons slight embarrassment......."Mother do you have to laugh so loud" (well yes I do actually :( )............."Mother do you have to speak to everyone" ( er -yes!) and so on........ :wacko: xD :rolleyes:

You start to make funny groaning noises when you stand up, and think "When did I start doing that?"

Oh yes - I can relate to that - sound effects accompany my every move! :o

Thought of a really nice one.......

I feel incredibly 'safe' when I am out with either of my sons - how's that for 'role reversal'! xD

I know exactly what you mean! I used to worry about my son wandering round Edinburgh on his own when he went to Uni, now if he's with me I know I'm safe! (Nothing to do with the fact that he's a great bearded 6 footer!) :oxD:(

Guest MaryEMac

It's when my daughter drops me in town on her way to work and reminds me to be careful when I cross the road. Then says,"don't forget to text me when you get home so I know you're ok!!!

Mary

when a passing car beeps it's horn and you realise that hasn't happened for a couple of years - then even worse you notice the leggy blonde teenager walking behind you! :o

When you get down on the floor at pre-school and the children have all gone on to the next activity and you ar still on your knees trying to get up, then a little one comes and ask's can they help you get up!!!!!

When you go into a museum and see objects from your childhood on display - yes V and A and the Geoffry museum: you make me feel old!!!

On a recent trip to a London museum with my 'boys' we had great fun spotting toys from their childhood and that made me feel ancient! It seems like only yesterday that Major Morgan, Speak and Spell and the Little Professor calculator were prized possesions :oxD

Edited by Geraldine