Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Come On England!

it was awful - had to drink three glasses of wine to get over it :o

Ah now - that's where I went wrong.........might have looked better if I'd had a drink or 3! xD

Just seen David Beckham and Princes William and Harry being very positive........hmmmm

Hubby has today sent a begging e-mail to his boss!! his work has arranged to finish at 2:30pm next Wednesday so the staff have time to get home for the afternoon kick off and to make up the time they have to work 30 mins etc Mon Tues Thurs Frid

"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME WATCH ENGLAND NEXT WEDNESDAY!!! I WOULD RATHER WORK"

:o I've been told that Oxo are promoting a new cube, in red and white packaging, it's a..............................................

LAUGHING STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nona

On a more serious note - as much as I really don't give a fig about all this business, my own reception son can now read all the countries in the competition and which continent they are on and can find them on a map and draw their flags. EYFS in action!!

not a football fan myself, but noticed someone asking where they could get goals etc....

Asda have a pair of blow up goals and only £7.00..... hope this is not too late for those buying

I'm discussed my child school came home with a letter parent choice to collect child early from school on wednesday so they can watch the game!! oh come on this is going too far... : (

I'm discussed [disgusted] my child school came home with a letter parent choice to collect child early from school on wednesday so they can watch the game!! oh come on this is going too far... : (

I'd be pretty disgusted by that too! I think a few people need to get a grip here :o

I'd be pretty disgusted by that too! I think a few people need to get a grip here :o

My youngest's school is organising a screening in the school hall on Wednesday which I think is great - they can all watch it together and I'm sure they'll have a fab time screaming at the screen in a bid to make England score. xD

Maz

My youngest's school is organising a screening in the school hall on Wednesday which I think is great - they can all watch it together and I'm sure they'll have a fab time screaming at the screen in a bid to make England score. :o

Maz

I trust they will have a choice?

I'd run a mile from that experience and so would my children!

I'd run a mile from that experience and so would my children!

Well so would mine normally - but I think there may be an element of missing part of the last lesson of the day! :o I imagine those who don't want to watch will be offered some other kind of activity, but really it is so close to home time that this won't be for too long and then the footie fans can get on with it!

No news on whether vuvuzelas are welcome though!

Maz

I beg your pardon???

You're seriously telling me you've escaped the pro/anti-vuvuzela argument? Unless you're pulling my leg you must be one of the only people to have avoided the controversy.

The vuvuzela is a musical instrument much beloved of South African football fans. Here's a link to Wikipedia for the whole cultural background!

Maz

Well I never!

I seriously had no idea about these things - had never heard of them in fact.

I have been rather caught up in other things over the past few weeks - that's my excuse anyway.

I have just asked older daughter and she thinks it's hilarious that I didn't know :o

I have just asked older daughter and she thinks it's hilarious that I didn't know xD

The vuvuzela does seem to be an instrument designed for African sensibilities (although I heard a South African on the radio the other day saying he'd never heard of them!), and the main thrust of the argument against their use in football matches is that it makes the commentary hard to hear, etc. I've even heard some footballers saying that they make it hard to hear what the coach is screaming at them from the dugout (see how I know all the lingo?). It seems the humble vuvuzela has stirred up a hornet's nest in terms of viewer outrage and complaint!

This link made me laugh though!

And apparently there's an iPhone app for those who feel they need to 'sound the horn' in any number of social situations! :o

Maz

Sadly xD I missed the match due to wet paint which needed watching but I heard on the grapevine that we have the Slovenian team to thank for England still being in with a chance :(

Er...no UAD - we have our team to thank for playing 'properly' :o:(

Shame on them then! (England that is!)

Although it has just occurred to me that during the next match would be a very good time to go to Tesco.

Absolutely! unless they are blaring through their sound system!

Although it has just occurred to me that during the next match would be a very good time to go to Tesco.

You would have to be quick as its at 3pm on Sunday and our Tesco's shuts at 4pm

You would have to be quick as its at 3pm on Sunday and our Tesco's shuts at 4pm

Ah but our Sainsbury's local opens til 10 on a Sunday. Mind you, you'd be hard pressed to stay in there for the whole 90 minutes. And that's without the inevitable penalty shoot out! :o

Maz