Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Even Less Money For Extended/flexible Hours

We have just been told we will receive 100.00 per child more for the next 3 terms to cover total flexibility and extended hours. This equates to 3.16 hour , which I find an insult!!!!How can you provide top quality on this hourly rate?

We have just been told we will receive 100.00 per child more for the next 3 terms to cover total flexibility and extended hours. This equates to 3.16 hour , which I find an insult!!!!How can you provide top quality on this hourly rate?

you say 100.00 MORE per child for 3 terms is this in addition to what you already receive..

is the 3.16 per hour the total funding per child or the more bit?

If total cost per child including the money already received and including the enhancement is 3.16 per hour, it does sound low but not unusual -have had to manage on this per child in the past..

yes it is hard but as usual they want top quality for the minimum costs..

Inge

Got a letter today to say ours is £2.93/hr!

Do you get any top ups on that - we get an extra 10p. per child because we are sessional which is above the base rate, or if you employ a qualified teacher you get more per hour per child, plus there is also a scheme in Kent whereby if you achieve a better level in your Ofsted inspection, i.e. you were previously good, but have achieved oustanding there is a lump sum given to the group to spend how they wish.

Our base rate is £2.67 per hour. We get some additional for deprived area and non-contact time, but it's going to be lower, I think, than we got before. Certainly no better than before!!

Got a letter today to say ours is £2.93/hr!

Shocking :o

Our base rate is £2.67 per hour. We get some additional for deprived area and non-contact time, but it's going to be lower, I think, than we got before. Certainly no better than before!!

Goodness even more shocking xD

the minimum wage doesn't change area to area!!

Absolutely and the same for many overheads - I imagine rents are variable........but not sure what else is.......

We are comparatively 'well- off' in Kent - I am truly shocked that some people will have to manage on less than £3.00 per hour - as I said previously - it is 'rubbish'

always was one of my issues with funding ..

minimum wage increased at regular intervals but the funding didn't rise by the same percentage... so had problems paying all staff the wage they deserved... I was worried that this would actually end up with us all on minimum as we could not afford to pay more.

Holiday pay - another which has to come out of the funding, increased every year and no sign of the funding recognising with this..

NI - always the employer element to pay - not that we had to pay it but the fact that this is always a hidden or forgotten outgoing..

Rent - variable between settings but who could expect it to remain the same when fuel costs rose so much, they do need to pay for the utilities and we are the ones who pay this in rents..

Insurance... a necessary element... and again variable..

along with the resources and lots more... all of which in our case had to come out of the funding... our parents could not afford to pay before it kicked in, so waited... we only had funded children..

all these increased by more than the income from funding did... so I do wonder how everyone will survive if it is reduced..

Add into the mix the need for a more qualified and trained workforce... a good thing but who can afford to pay one?

as usual they want top quality on a shoestring..

Inge

Guest Spiral

Maybe they (govt) should be looking at this differently?

Heard today about the Lib Dems proposal that if they 'get in', they would scrap the EYFS, reduce the size of the Dept for children, schools and families?

They said they would put in a new authority to replace Ofsted and that they would increase the free entitlement to 20 hrs per week for children aged 18 months+, but, no talk yet of funding amounts!

You are all right, it should be a universal system where the amount is the same everywhere.

There is such an emphasis on training up to and beyond degree level with a pay scale to match, but there is no way of covering that amount of finance without increasing fees!

Gosh, I could waffle on all night! Basically, I am shocked at the differences up and down the country in funded amounts too, especially when some areas are paid under £3.00!

Spiral. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)