Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I'm Soooo Happy, But Also A Bit Scared!

kittycat1279

Well I have got to the grand old age of 30, 31 in February and have never found 'the one' but I have finally found someone that I can say 'I love you' to and actually mean it! I actually met him originally 3 and a half years a go and he told me he loved me on our first date. Not surprisingly this completely freaked me out and I just wanted to date and wasn't up for anything so intense at that point. Since finishing with him just over 3 years a go I have been on several dates and chatted to many possible suitors on various dating websites but no one has quite fitted the bill. Anyway I met up with him again at the end of September and the spark was still there and seemingly I have been more ready. The big moment came on sunday when I actually told my mum about him and they are meeting him tomorrow (aaaggghhh). I used to worry about people liking him but now I am soooo happy I don't care! We are talking about our future together without me being totally freaked out. We've already discussed marriage - but I've old him it's all a bit soon at the moment so I only have to give him the wink and we could be Mr and Mrs. It's scary how quick things are moving! Part of me regrets the wasted 3 years but the other part of me knows that I wasn't ready at the time and needed to explore other avenues. Well it seems it was worth the wait and thanks to his perseverance the future is looking at lot brighter :o

If he's Mr Right then it will have been worth the wait, and he'll be glad he waited, too!

What a lovely, optimistic start to the new year - I hope you'll both be very happy together, and that Mum approves too!

Maz

What a lovely story - just what I needed to brighten my morning!

Hope your mum likes him!

If she sees that he his making you happy, then I'm sure she will! :o

All good wishes for your future happiness together.

Keep us posted! xD

Edited by sunnyday

The butterflies for this afternoon are starting to set in so I'm going to go out to try and distract myself!

Kittycat xxx

I've been thinking about your lovely story and your worries about introducing your 'man' to mum.........

My mum was not at all keen on my boyfriend (I suspect only because she really liked a previous boyfriend!) anyway he was 'the one' and I carried on regardless! We will celebrate our 38th Wedding Anniversary in March! :o

And mum? Needless to say - she loves him!

Hi,

hope yesterday went well and that we continue to hear good news in the future. Congratulations and enjoy the New Year and all the joy it may bring you

Nicky Sussex :oxD

Thanks again for all your lovely messages - sorry I haven't been on since but my laptop decided to die again so I just haven't been clicking on that bookmarked page! Anyway Wednesday went well - mum and dad didn't spend much time with us as they had lots of other visitors too but that may have eased him in gently. The 3 sets of families I used to baby sit for were all there and thought he was lovely and look forward to meeting him again. Mum and dad have invited us round for dinner and wii games on Saturday so they can get to know him a bit more before they jet off for 2 months to New Zealand (oh their newly retired existence!!!) anyway we have grown closer and closer since then and each day I become more certain that he is the one for me. It's just so much better now that it is all out in the open and my parents have met him as we can go out and about and not worry about who we bump into. It's been such a day of good news though - 2 members of staff got engaged over the holiday and another friend is 13 weeks pregnant - life feels so good at the moment! Thanks again for all your kind messages - thanks for the PM Nicky - I'm so in my happiness bubble I had forgotten about you guys - my extended circle of friends :)

Just to keep you up to date with things. We went round for dinner at mum and dad's on Saturday nigght and things went well I think. I haven't had any message saying we hate him so that's good :) He's absolute gem - sorting out loads of my crap for me into recycling, shredding and rubbish as well as putting all my clean laundry away! Can't believe my luck! He even offered to do ironing for me the other day!!!!

I've now told all the important people about him and apart from a couple of friends who have said just be careful - everyone else has said if he makes you happy then that's all that matters and only you know if he's right for you. Anyway I texted him earlier on to say that I was home and wished he was here and he is now travelling an hour to come and see me!

aaaaawww thanks for sharing your story....lovely to read..really made me smile....all the best for your future happiness...keep us informed, we will all be buying virtual hats before we know it.... :oxD:(