Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Found This Hope It Will Be Of Some Interest For You All

wellerkaren

Thanks - that looks really good. Read up to page 15 and that's all my eyes can stand at the moment - I much prefer reading on paper. I'll be using this at staff meetings this year!

Am I being a bit dim?

I really want to read these things but find it impossible to sit at the computer reading 60 pages and also want to share it with colleagues.

It says 'only available to download' so is my only option to keep printing off these 60 page documents?. I would rather pay £8 and get a real copy.

No wonder people don't see the research. How does everyone else access it without their eyes going funny or their printer exploding?

No wonder people don't see the research. How does everyone else access it without their eyes going funny or their printer exploding?

No, you're not being dim, Edlee - it seems that more and more these days this research is disseminated electronically and as you say, it is a real pain to print them off. I'm lucky in that I have a lovely laser printer which makes short work of publications like these so aside from the cost of printing, it is easy for me to share them (or pages from them if I don't think they'll read them all!) with staff/colleagues.

The paperless office is great in theory - but you can't scrawl all over an electronic document and use is as a working document, can you? And as you say, it is a bit of an eye strain to have to read it all from a screen.

I wonder if these publications are available in hard copy for Local Authorities to order? If so perhaps we need to email our advisory teachers/development officers when we are aware of a new publication that we'd like to read but would rather have a physical copy. Then they could order them on our behalf, or if that's not possible they could arrange to get them printed for us.

If you have money in the budget for printing but can't face doing it on your own printer, then I know that you can send documents to some of the high street printers electronically and they'll print it out for you. I'm not sure how much it would cost, mind you!

Maz

I printed it off and suggested the SLT read it and we discussed it at our last SLT meeting before Christmas.....

it provoked quite a discussion!!!!!

LAs have been allowed to order enough copies (2 from memory) for each setting and the distribution is going on as we speak but was disrupted due to snow.

I've just ordered 700 copies to cover everyone in my LA who will need a copy and expect delivery in January.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)