Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Enjoy The Snow!

Steve

Snow here too in kent! had phone call very early to let me know not to go in to school, how disappointing. Will be out with my son later making snowmen and snowball fights-fun, fun, fun! looking out of my windows over a great view of the allotments snow everywhere.

We're off school due to snow today, too! Yippee! Just back from playing in the snow in the garden with my children- now for snuggling under blankets with hot chocolate and old Sesame Street dvd! Hope you all have a lovely day and enjoy your Christmas holiday!

We've had lots in Essex, but we're in school! The children are all in bar 2 in my class. One little girl saw animal prints in the snow - I'm sure it was a cat but she's adamant it was a giraffe!! Have a good day everyone!! :o

We closed today due to the snow and i was completly gutted xD !!! end of term party and a friend was leaving today as well, then i realised, it's really because i love my job so much and this time of year is extra special with the little ones, how many people can say that! :o

We closed today due to the snow and i was completly gutted :o

I'm gutted too - I hate it when it snows and I'm not at work to enjoy the fun with the children. Sad that you've missed your end of term party too - as you say, it is a magical time of year to share with our children. Can you have a 'beginning of term party' next year instead?

Maz

We closed today due to the snow and i was completly gutted :( !!! end of term party and a friend was leaving today as well, then i realised, it's really because i love my job so much and this time of year is extra special with the little ones, how many people can say that! :o

Oh that's so sad :( - I like Maz's idea of a new term party though! :(

Snowing really hard here now! :wacko: xD

London pretty to look at but roads clear so win win all round. Except going to work, but knocked off at half 2 having written the longest evaluation document EVER!

Off for 2 weeks - result!

Cx

ps

Surprisingly no snow in Cornwall!

I think it only snowed once in my whole life there when growing up!!!! And I hope it's not snowing when I drive back for christmas!

I love the snow too, my youngest were both at school today so school run was a bit of a nightmare but then I had a lovely 2 hr walk out with the dogs, little Beaus first experience of snow.

I do complain about the dog walks in the cold and rain but this makes up for those wet days, I doubt I would of enjoyed these beautiful scenes if it weren't for my dogs.

I hope it's not too little too soon and that we do get a white christmas this year.

Peggy

post-3604-1261156525_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1261156578_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1261156641_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1261156687_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1261156730_thumb.jpg

yes driving into work was an issue for me - but countryside looked beautiful and daughter was extremely happy that school closed and left her playing in the snow - just wished it happened this time next next week - would have been perfect!!!! :o

Loveley photos folks, it's inspired me to try and upload mine (never done it on here befroe!).

I moved from the city centre to a farm cottage in Sept- so today was my first time in the fields full of 'untouched' snow!

Fab day!

post-13862-1261158304_thumb.jpgpost-13862-1261158375_thumb.jpg

post-13862-1261158417_thumb.jpgpost-13862-1261158441_thumb.jpg

Guest MaryEMac

Our playgroup and school was open this morning but we closed at 12.30 because it was snowing heavily. I walked in this morning and it was my mission to put footprints in every piece of pristine snow before anyone else did. We only had 6 children so we road tested our new waterproof suits and went out to play in the snow. The children really enjoyed it and so did the staff, if truth be told. We built a snowman who had rakes for arms and one of the boys lent him gloves. It was a good end to the term and I am not going back to work until next year, so there. :oxD

Merry Christmas everyone.

Mary

Snowed up here in Yorkshire too. We were still open too! Walked back from work at lunch time, thank goodness I only live 1 1/2 miles away too albeit a 10 minute drive or 40 minute walk in this weather! lol

Now on the school christmas hols. So can enjoy the snow from home, without having to go to work in it! lol

Beth

I am not enjoying this snow! On a different forum we were due to have a get together nearby to where I live. However since 3 of the group don't live nearby we postponed it this morning. Good call too because of the snowy weather for the last hour or two!

I am pleased that its school holidays and won't have to walk 1 1/2 miles to work and back! They changed the route of the bus that once went down to work and back! Good job work is just down the hill then! lol

To top it all off my poor gran is trapped inside her house. Since the council stopped putting bins in appriopate places. Luckly we have got some rock salt so she may get out one day when its not snowing!!!!!

Beth

I am grumpy about the snow as well ! - normally I would love to be tucked in with the kids. But I have finally bought a new house after renting for 15mnths, went to collect the keys yesterday and now I can't get to it!!!!! I had so many plans to clean and decorate this weekend but its not looking good.

I am one of those who loves the snow but only when I can admire it through the window and don't have to go out in it!!! Otherwise I detest the stuff with a passion.

For those of you who do like it here are some photos taken today through the car window as we were driving home through the village!

post-1999-1261330572_thumb.jpg

post-1999-1261330590_thumb.jpg

post-1999-1261330602_thumb.jpg

post-1999-1261330619_thumb.jpg

I hate it now it's turning to slush!!!! I went to deliver christmas cards today around my village and the paths were so slippery, nearly feel over a few times :o ,mind you i know it was a little naughty of me but did have a little chuckle to my self when i saw a young girl fall on her bum, then a little rouge from our village! xD:(