Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Celebrating

Inspection over - before xmas HOORAY - I know i'm not supposed to say how I did but lets say I'm extremely pleased and all the hard work and obsession/passion has paid off.

many thanks to all of you who have offered advice,listened when I needed someone who understood and shared all your good practice to help me learn more

:oxD:(

thanks panders - although my team is my husband who hasn't even been speaking to me for the last few days as I've been so stressed out and my children who tolerate travel cots in their room, an exhausted mum and not being allowed to put a thing out of place in their own home - is it worth it, not sure but the hard work has paid off and my goal for the next year is to ensure that I try to gaina little bit more life/work balance - has anyone else managed this???

aaaawww well done to you...such a lovely time to get it all over with....this time of year is when I had my last one and it really was such a relief and in January you can return to work and really enjoy what you do so well... :oxD:(:(

Thanks everybody, it's been so hard to carry on as normal and not just tell everybody I see that I've just survived my inspection - it's really nice to be able to share the news with people who are interested. :o

Great news dcn!

Isn't it a great feeling when "Ofsted have left the building" !?

Almost as good as the part where they give you the feedback and say they'll see you in 3 years!!! :o

Nona

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear the official results. :o

It's official - I've received my paper copy of my report which says I'm OUTSTANDING in all areas - wow, I can't believe it.

Thankyou everybody, I've had such invaluable support from all of you to help me receive this. xD:(

wow

well done

bet you feel so proud, bet you cant wait for your outstanding certificate and logo

it takes a while to come mine took 3mths and i dont think thats fair after all the hard work we put in

congratulation

ziller

Thank you everybody

Tink69 - be clear about why you do what you do, - my inspector asked lot of questions about my planning/learning diaries/next steps and how they all linked together but said She was happy about it as it was obviously a systme that worked for me

Things she really liked

* knowing each individual child well and meeting all their needs

* focus and importance I put on settling in -lots of visits, home visits, info from parents, flexibility

* inclusion - again meeting individual needs, plenty of resources and books and discussions on difference

*children's sense of belonging through photo's of themselves around the setting

* partnership with parents

* partnership with other settings

* ability to answer questions on safeguarding

* risk assessment and evaluation

* outdoors every day

* healthy food and snacks

* ability to promote children's learning both through planned activty and spontaneous choices

* systems in place for children to choose or access what they want to do

I will say though that although I have made improvements since my last inspection I don;t think I'm a better childminder than I was when I got good at my last inspection - you just need an inspector that recognises what you are doing

dcn - WELL DONE!!!! It's lovely when an Inspector recognises and values childminders and our contribution xD

Tink69 - you've made a great start by finding your way here - some of us battled on for years without knowing all this help, support and advice was available at the lick of a button :o The home/ work balance for a childminder is a tough one, I've always spoken up and told the Inspector that a home-based carer and a home environment is what the parents have chosen for their child so I don't display posters etc other than the mandatorty certificates (and my Outstanding provider certificate!) They've always been happy with that.

As dcn says, you have to be able to answer the Inspector's questions or pre-empt them and volunteer your reasons for the methods and style of care you provide - be prepared to "sell" yourself to them.

dcn - have a fabulous celebration!

Nona