Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Factor X

Steve

I too was a bit stunned byt the decision.. a good voice lost over entertainment and did they actually sing at all?

I could see she knew the second it went to the public vote.. wish her well, and hope she doesnt give up because of this..

loved her yesterday's performance

Inge

Hi -

Been a bit quiet recently, so I'd better apologise for that first. I have been around most of the time, just involved in other things - many thanks to those who sent their best wishes in posts over the summer, they were much appreciated!

On to the main subject of this topic, however. Don't know if any of you are X Factor fans - I must admit I hadn't been until this year since when our family has been glued to it (in our house it looks like the beginning of 'The Simpsons' when the program is about to start). The reason is that our lovely cousin Lucie has been appearing in it, and is happily still there - she's the welsh girl "from the little village on the hill", who sang the Guns 'n Roses anthem 'Sweet Child o' Mine' at the weekend.

So I just wanted to let you know in case you were watching the programme - and to let you know that she's not only very talented but she is in fact a very lovely person and thoroughly good egg. If I can ever get around to it I'll try to edit and upload a video of her I took when she was about three or four, singing "you are my nanny" to the tune of "you are my sunshine" to my Auntie Jean! :o

Hi New to all this, but just been called through to TV by my family who were devastated to find Lucie been voted off X factor, then read your message, and the silly twins are still there.......I am VERY sorry xD:(

Bex

OMG! Simon has been saying all along, that J & E shouldn't be in the show cuz they can't sing, he had the opportunity tonight to out them and didn't - what the *@** is he up to!!!!!

Edited by BrendaS

I totally agree with Sarah - the twins were not a threat to his acts. Lucie was! It's getting very personal and My hubby and I have decided we're not watching it anymore.

I can't believe what happened tonight - she's such a natural talent. I'm sure she'll make something of herself without the show, she's amazing!

its a total farse simon cowell is a cop out he knows she is far better than those 2 boys they should have gone ages ago but as others have said Lucie was a threat to his acts not that this is fair at all i was really sorry that she went she is brilliant regards to her and please tell her not to give up

Salm

I'm giving up watching this farce too.

Cowardly cowell got rid of Lucie because she was competition for his acts. He attacks all the other acts, trying his best to put them off and lose confidence. Mind you walsh does that too. I'm so fed up with all the bitching that I refuse to watch it again. The twins were so awful from the beginning and I was staggered that walsh chose them to be in the final over others who were so much better.

Lucie shouldn't give up.....talent will always tell. Remember Laura from last year.....she has a new single and video out at the moment.

Many hugs to Lucie and her family xxxxxx.

Simon Coward has an awful lot to answer for! He said he would make his decision based on the last performance, which he clearly didn't. Lucie was note perfect and gave an outstanding performance, we all cheered and clapped in our house when she finished and were convinced Jedward were going home, which they should have done. I think Simon's plan is to get rid of the strong singers; those in direct competition with his, therefore it's not based on talent at all, it's dog eat dog.

No consolation I know but I won't be watching it anymore as I feel it is now just a farce.

Regards to Lucie; keep your chin up lovely!!

Cowell made a dreadful decision last night .... just stunned at the results! Lucie has a wonderful voice and so

versatile! I send my best wishes to her for doing such an amazing job over the past weeks and hope that someone out there will give her the break she really does deserve x

dottyp

In our house we're VERY cross that "the TWITS" are still in and lovely Lucie has gone home :o

A very manipulative and mercenary decision by Simon Cowell - it appears the more he says against "the TWITS" the more votes they get - who exactly is phoning in for them??? We don't know anyone who is - or admits to it anyway!!

Hope Lucie keeps singing. She had my Hubby's vote from the start.

Nona

Guest MaryEMac

No more X factor in our house. We cheered when we found that the twins were in the sing off because we assumed (wrongly) that Simon would take the chance to get rid of them and we knew that Lucie would out sing them. She gave a brilliant performance and we were so shocked when it went to deadlock. Steve, tell her to keep singing, she has a beautiful voice.

Mary

A lot has been said that Simon was thinking of his own acts and that Lucie was a threat to them, I agree with this to an extent, but I think there is a bigger picture here. Simon knows that controversy will keep this show on the nation's mind, the newspapers will have a ball and thereby there will be more money in Simon's pocket eventually, because this is his business isn't it. The more people watch the show the more money Simon makes, the more he can charge for advertising during the programmes - who knows how many pies Simon has his fingers in and ways to make money from this show.

Had Lucie had a chequered background or skeletons in the cupboard which Cowell could have exploited in the presss to get more coverage I'm sure she would be on the show still.

I can only imagine how disappointed she must be feeling today, but........... if stardom is something she really wants for herself she has a great voice and manner and I'm sure a hard work ethic, the world as they say is her oyster.

Just to provide some balance here, the lovely Lucie did receive the lowest number of votes, which means that loads of people who really like her didn't vote for her.

Programmes like these are very carefully engineered for the desired effect, it was obvious what Simon would do which is why he always gets the last vote (unless his own act is in the bottom 2) and he has gone to the public vote every week pretty much.

On a positive note, many of the acts that have gone on to make a career, did not win the competition, in fact how many of us could actually name all the winners, and many of the better acts in each series have gone onto do whatever.

But the moral of this story is, if you like one of the artists, then pick up the phone and vote, that way you wont be leaving it in the hands of Simon!

Hi all -

Sorry for not responding earlier, I was up in Wales seeing my mother this weekend and only got back this afternoon.

Thanks for all your comments on Lucie's untimely exit which are very much appreciated and I'll certainly pass them on. I spoke to Lucie's mum Jill earlier, who was down for the results last night. They're all taking it very philosophically, including Lucie although she was obviously initially upset. She's still in London, in fact Jill and Loui are finding it hard to make contact with her as she's still doing interviews and is also rehearsing for the charity song they've made (they'll all be performing it on Saturday apparently)!

You're all very lovely and supportive and I'm sure you'll have plenty of chances to see her again if you want, as she is already being booked for various appearances.

My daughter Annie (aged 12) was the most affected last night. She apparently (I wasn't here) didn't speak for the rest of the evening and I think it was a good job she wasn't anywhere near Simon Cowell and in possession of a pointy stick. As for me, I'll confine myself to the observation that you can't really call the four celebrities 'judges' if they have their own competition going on, and therefore vote (or don't vote...) tactically to ensure their own candidates are better placed to win.

I'm very proud of myself for NOT suggesting that at least one of them is a Machiavellian scheming rat with the principles of a Lehman's banker and has only had his teeth so expensively enhanced in order that we can see his repellant smugness glittering from deep inside. I'm going to keep those sorts of thoughts to myself...

I'm very proud of myself for NOT suggesting that at least one of them is a Machiavellian scheming rat with the principles of a Lehman's banker and has only had his teeth so expensively enhanced in order that we can see his repellant smugness glittering from deep inside. I'm going to keep those sorts of thoughts to myself...

Well done you for not putting into words just how you as a family must be feeling. I for one, am proud of you xD

Lucy is better off out of that farcical show anyway. Most of the British public wouldnt know talent if it sat on them. I suggested today that Simon has maybe unearthed an unknown Pinky and Perky song from the late sixties, and has a plan to unleash the non-singing duo onto the public just in time for the silliest Christmas song ever. God help us! :o

Lucy, you are worth so much more than X Factor could ever have given you in its present state. Good luck for your future. :(

I'm very proud of myself for NOT suggesting that at least one of them is a Machiavellian scheming rat with the principles of a Lehman's banker and has only had his teeth so expensively enhanced in order that we can see his repellant smugness glittering from deep inside.

I think you do the good Lehman brothers a great disservice by comparing them to a certain judge...

• 2 weeks later...

Yippee!!

"Jedward" have left the building - watch out for them appearing on kids t.v. any day now...............

(anything as long as they don't "sing"!) :o

Nona

Yippee!!

"Jedward" have left the building - watch out for them appearing on kids t.v. any day now...............

(anything as long as they don't "sing"!) :o

Nona

They said on the radio this morning they are to be approached about going into the jungle......perfect!!!!! People did use to get lost in the jungle didn't they xD