Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Factor X

Steve

Hi -

Been a bit quiet recently, so I'd better apologise for that first. I have been around most of the time, just involved in other things - many thanks to those who sent their best wishes in posts over the summer, they were much appreciated!

On to the main subject of this topic, however. Don't know if any of you are X Factor fans - I must admit I hadn't been until this year since when our family has been glued to it (in our house it looks like the beginning of 'The Simpsons' when the program is about to start). The reason is that our lovely cousin Lucie has been appearing in it, and is happily still there - she's the welsh girl "from the little village on the hill", who sang the Guns 'n Roses anthem 'Sweet Child o' Mine' at the weekend.

So I just wanted to let you know in case you were watching the programme - and to let you know that she's not only very talented but she is in fact a very lovely person and thoroughly good egg. If I can ever get around to it I'll try to edit and upload a video of her I took when she was about three or four, singing "you are my nanny" to the tune of "you are my sunshine" to my Auntie Jean! :o

Wow Steve, thats fantastic, wait until I tell my two girls who are absolute Lucy fans (I have the phone bill to prove it). I would love to show them the video, fingers crossed Lucy goes all the way to the end.

Claire x

Oh wow - I am suitably impressed! :o

Lucie is a real favourite with our family (I do like Joe very much too - sorry :( )

My grandaughter (aged 7) is allowed to vote on a Saturday evening and ........ she always votes for Lucie!!! xD

I'm sure that Lucie will go all the way to the final - fingers crossed.........

Small world isn't it? I am not following X Factor this year since we have no TV but I do access the iPlayer every now and then to see how Lucie is getting on - such a talent and such a lovely, modest girl. I can well imagine you all crowded round your tv to watch her progress - even the dog!

I hope she continues to do well!

Maz

We are big X Factor fans and we all sit down to watch it together at the weekend. We all have different favourites this year but we've been sending good vibes to Lucie every week, although I don't think she needs it at the moment. Her performance this weekend was really good and she finally got good comments from Simon Cowell!

What I really want to know is, have you got any juicy gossip from back stage? :o

She was good this week wasn't she? (though I say so myself as shouldn't...)

No juicy gossip, sorry Carol - the best I can do is advise you not to listen to the cheap 'n cheerful magazines that are trying to dig it up. There was something a couple of weeks ago about her distraught dumped boyfriend which was a lot of nonsense!

Oh I see what you mean, gossip about the others backstage. No sadly I don't - I'm sure Jill and Loui (her mum and dad) are being pestered enough by people at the moment so I'm leaving them in peace. I heard from Lucie's grandmother that they've even been getting fanmail to their house with addresses like 'Lucie Jones. The village on the hill outside Cardiff'!

Well Steve, I'm a big Strictly fan really, and usually watch the "catch up" bit when they are asking everyone to vote for their favourite on X Factor. Hope Lucie does well, she certainly deserves to. I watched the audition when Lucie appeared and it was quite evident then she had a talent to reckon with!

I too am normally not a great fan but always try and watch out for Lucie's slot. She was really good on Saturday. Hope she carries on to the very end.

Say hi to the mad springer spaniel for me!!!!

Linda

I've been avoiding anything to do with X Factor today because I haven't seen the results show yet :o

.....but seeing this thread from Steve, couldn't resist reading........every week when I watch X factor and Lucy comes on, I say to my family, "She's FSF Steves cousin", :(

I thought Simon was horrible to her last week, but this week, well, what a rock chick she is :(

I vote for her every week, I think Simon should be worried......very worried, Lucy, I think, is the 'dark horse' (using the judges expression xD ) and will, I think, be in the final with Joe.

Peggy

Yes steve, I'm hooked on xfactor!!!!!!!!! I watch every show at least twice !!!!! love it - Lucy is just great. She's transformed before our eyes and has taken on every challenge thrown at her! Such a fantastic opportunity to get herself known. She deserves to go all the way to the finals :o

dottyp

I was watching until the British public went totally loopy and started voting for E and J. i'm sure they're very nice people but I couldnt stand seeing true talent rejected because of them. I know the press say things like the 'British public like an underdog', and thats all well and good but this is for serious money and some people have prayed for a chance like this and are pinning their hopes and dreams on it.

Anyway, we were discussing it today and I admited Lucy is my favourite along with maybe Danyl.

Hope Lucy wins and if she doesnt then I hope she is enjoying the experience. :oxD

Utterly stunned in this household :(

There was simply no comparison between Lucie and the boys and I have no idea why Simon didn't send the boys home :o

I hope you will let Lucie know she has many fans here and not on the basis that she is related to you -on the basis that she comes across as a delightful girl who has the most fantastic voice.

I wish her every happiness xD

Am so so upset!

have watched every series and now no more!!

This should never have happened to Lucie - a travesty indeed!

I certainly will not watch again!

Please Steve - pass on our messages that we thinks she's fab!!

Edited by pickle