Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Raffle Ticket Prices

Deb

Raffle ticket prices   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Please tick the option that you would prefer to be offered and would make you buy the most tickets

• 20p per ticket/£1.00 per book
    • 40p per ticket/£2.00 per book
    • 50p per ticket/£2.50 per book
    • £1.00 per ticket/£5.00 per book

Something sticks in my head about some regulation or other that says you can't offer books/pages of raffle tickets at a cheaper price (per ticket) than the cost of one ticket. I can't back it up, but I think it was to do with turning a lottery (selling raffle tickets) into gambling (because you are enticing people to buy more tickets than they normally would).

But it might all have been a dream...

Maz

i think it depends on the prizes and also what your parents could afford - they might feel a bit awkward buying one at a £1 rather than 5 tickets at 20p. - i know its the same amount of money but might make the difference in what they buy - an odd 20p in the pocket could mean another ticket brought

I'm afraid it depends on what the prizes are and how many tickets are likely to be sold for me to make that decision. I generally buy £5. worth of tickets I should think, unless it's secondary school and they come in printed books costing about £10!

So these are all books of 5 tickets?

I'm afraid round here they're still paying 10p a ticket and when we increased them to 20p once there was an outcry! I'm sure there's some mathematician that can work out the odds on winning if you've bought £5 worth at 10p each as opposed to £5 worth at £1 each - I just know the latter uses less paper and takes less time to fold into the 'bin'

Yep, 5 tickets per book.

That's what I need - a mathematician!

Prizes are reasonable but no wow factor as such:

Luxury hamper, digital photoframe, juicer plus 40 other prizes (entrance tickets that sort of thing) oh and a cuddly toy! No there isn't actually - I made that up. :o

These are all OK as 5 tickets a book at say 20p is £1. What you cannot do is sell tickets for raffles, tombola's etc. at a reduced price for extra tickets to encourage people to buy more, so you couldn't charge 20p each but 80p for 5. A raffle etc, is gambling and you must offer all punters the same odds for the price. Don't forget that for draw you must have a license.

Hi Deb

It's me again! I suppose it depends a lot on 'where you are' and peoples/parents financial circumstances........

I'm the one who voted for the £1.00 each £5.00 a book - simply because from experience I know that works OK in my 'neck of the woods'..........I think that I was trying to maximise your profit.......if you offer the 20p each £1.00 per book won't people buy just one book.........

Good luck - oh and the prizes look fine to me....when I buy raffle tickets I never expect to win.....I just buy them because I am happy to support the 'cause'!!! :o

this is a hard one to answer, as it will depend on locality and people who are buying.

in my last setting it would have to be the lowest option, not a choice because of their circumstances

but where I live the preschool could easily charge the higher option and do well

circumstances and location and audience have a lot to do with how to set the costs..

Inge

Many thanks for all your replies.

I agree, it depends on the financial circumstances of the people in our catchment. That's the difficulty, we have a bit of a split!

Anyone want to buy a raffle ticket............. :o - only joking honest!

we found when we had a split the families who were able to afford it just bought more lower priced tickets,

also others were able to buy a small amount over a period so actually bought more than pricing tickets higher.. as they would buy a few when they could.

Inge

When I was a little girl I had some tickets from church (or school and they were 5p each - possibly still a shilling) and I went around the neighbours and I gave them all a half price deal and sold them for 2 1/2p (or sixpence!). My mum was furious as she had to put all the extra money in! I sold them all though!

When I was a little girl I had some tickets from church (or school and they were 5p each - possibly still a shilling) and I went around the neighbours and I gave them all a half price deal and sold them for 2 1/2p (or sixpence!). My mum was furious as she had to put all the extra money in! I sold them all though!

I love it! :oxD:(