Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Dieters Prayer

sunnyday

Have just been reminded of the Dieters Prayer..........

'If you can't make me thin, please make my friend fat'!!! :o

Just getting ready for an evening out with my three closest girlfriends..........now I'm not 'huge'..............I'm a size 14 but only 5ft. 3" - you get the picture! :(xD

But I am going out with two size 8 and one size 10...........hmmm....oh well I will be wearing black again!

After a couple of Gin and Tonics, I'm sure I won't care anyway - Slimline Tonic of course!!! :(

Never mind Sunnyday. Who are you as a person? Warm, friendly, caring, intelligent, loving, fun, and contributing to the care of children and their families so what else really matters? You are a special person making a difference and at the end of the day what really matters to us all? Have a fun evening.

One thing I can be sure about is that the friends you will be with will not have even thought in these terms. I never form my opinion of other people based on such superficial facts as body size but I always expect other people to be doing that about me.

Perhaps we should have a 'size 14 and we're the only ones who think about it' club.

Enjoy the G&Ts

xx

Well it may be a silly thing to worry about but we all do it don't we? Do men worry in the same way.. no... so why us? I know when I meet my friends, and my best friends are all over 55 so really 'old' compared with some of you, we don't look as we did 30 years ago, when we were young and gorgeous. It is hard facing ourselves in the mirror, as we wish to be as we were, but hey we are amazing people and that is what counts isn't it? What we contribute, who we are to to other people, that's what matters. I bet you 'scrub up' well Sunnyday, and your friends are happy to have your company. Have a great time and ask yourself 'who's watching?' as I suspect the person watching is you. Everyone else loves you as you are.

Thanks for your kind words and support and big apologies for such a self indulgent post - I was having a little crisis of confidence there! xD

Needless to say I had a lovely evening - as you do, we 'put the world to rights' and laughed til we cried........I am truly blessed to have these wonderful friends! :o

Sunnyday - Glad to hear you had a good time - which is THE most important thing.

This might make you giggle though it is a set of diet rules given to me ages and ages ago by one of my staff team - I don't know who to credit with it so there is no Harvard reference I'm afraid!

Diet Rules

1. If no one see you eat something, it has no calories

2. When drinking a Diet Coke and eating a chocolate bar, the Diet Coke cancels out the sugar in the chocolate

3. When you're eating with someone else, calries don't count if you do not eat more than they do

4. Foods for medical purposes do not count (e.g., hot chocolate, toast, cheesecake and vodka)

5. If you fatten up the people around you, you'll look thinner

6. Cinema related foods have zero calories - they're part of the entertainment package (popcorn, Maltesers, Cokes ....)

7. Broken biscuits have no calories because the breaking up of the biscuits causes calorie leakage

8. If you're cooking, foods licked from the spoon have no fat

9. Anything eaten while standing up has no calories due to gravity and the density of the calorie mass

10. Food from someone else's plate has not fat as it rightfully belongs to them and will cling to his/her plate

Remember "Stressed" written backwards spells "Desserts"

So, if I eat broken food or popcorn standing up in a cinema but only lick the food from a spoon and no-one see's me take it from their plate and its medicinal and I wash it all down with diet coke, its ok?

Phew, I thought I was going to have to give up cake!

Carrying an oversized bag makes you look smaller than you are. I have 2 but I find the older I get the less I worry about other peoples thoughts of me :o

Glad you had a good night out sunnyday. Good friends have poor eye sight.

Edited by Rea

So, if I eat broken food or popcorn standing up in a cinema but only lick the food from a spoon and no-one see's me take it from their plate and its medicinal and I wash it all down with diet coke, its ok?

No, I would suggest you'll starve!

A friend of my daughters' thought you got the petrol back if you drove in reverse - same theory?

Glad you had fun!

Guest MaryEMac

Glad to hear you had a good time Sunnyday. I am a size 16/18 and only 5ft but I describe myself as being built for comfort and not for speed.

Mary