Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Just A Bit Of Fun!

sunnyday

Hi all

Just a bit of fun!

I have a terrible confession to make :wacko: I have been busy cleaning :o I know shocking behaviour! :(

So, anyway, my favourite music to 'clean to' is either The Stones or Queen......... honestly - try window cleaning to 'Paint it Black' - brilliant! Or washing your kitchen floor to 'Don't Stop me Now'!!!...........

Later I will be ironing to Cyndi Lauper!!! :(

Methinks it maybe a Pavlov dogs thingy.........

So what is your best music to clean to, iron to, drive to...........or is it just me xDxD:(

Sunnyday

Not just you Sunny, I like driving to .......Dire Straits, obviously Queen, Scouting for Girls, Kaiser Chiefs, when it comes to ironing I need more distraction I'm afraid so I watch t.v. or a dvd. If I'm painting and decorating I like to listen to radio 4 or call in programmes rather than music.

So glad you decided to play Panders!!! :(

Dire Straits - driving - yes I'm with you there!

Scouting for Girls........hmm........you've got me there........WHO??? :(:oxD

Just popped back to say.......I saw Dire Straits live at Earls Court many moons ago.......brilliant!!!

Edited by sunnyday

I'm the same as Mundia, don't do cleaning, I don't do air guitar either.

When I do rarely do the cleaning ( often as an avoidance strategy for something else I should be doing, such as report writing) I like to listen to anything 70's disco :( , James Brown, Commodores, Wild Cherry, Travares, Real Thing (who we recently saw in London :( ), Earth Wind and Fire, The Emotions etc etc.

ooh, do I now write my complaint to SS, (don't ask, long story :o Ive been avoiding this by being on here xD ) or do some housework?

Peggy

Has to be Heart radio - I can't wash up without it on!

My Mum used to iron to Enya and ELO, I just iron with the tv on.

Music does make housework go a little easier...

I'm with Peggy on this one !

I normally do my ironing to 70's disco music,(music supplied by my music teacher daughter)but it does depend on what mood I'm in.

Sometimes it can be rock Deep Purple,Guns and Roses, Aerosmith that genre of music, but I'm a Fleetwood mac kind of person.

Now I'm really showing my age !

I don't put the music on when I'm cleaning though, as I can't hear it over the noise of the hoover ! My daughter (youngest) is normally playing her music so loud that I'm enforced to listen to that mainly - R&b stuff.

Motherclangerx

Edited by Motherclanger

Sunnyday I feel very let down that you are now admitting to doing cleaning but seeing as you are 'coming clean' (!) I will plead guilty to the following charges;

Ironing - Mamma Mia or Yes Minister

Driving - Ella Fitzgerald

Cleaning - Meatloaf

Writing assignments - Enya

Cooking - The Corrs, Dido, Fleetwood Mac, Fairground Attraction

Sorry Upsy Alison Daisy - had to do some cleaning - I was having to ask visitors which innoculations they had had before letting them in! :oxD

Fairground Attraction - I had forgotten all about them - have them on vinyl - not CD......

It's got to beeeeeee Perrrrrrfect!!! :(

Crikey Inge - where did you find him!!! Mr Sunnyday wouldn't even know how to put the ironing board up!

Edited by sunnyday

Sorry Upsy Alison Daisy - had to do some cleaning - I was having to ask visitors which innoculations they had had before letting them in! :oxD

Fairground Attraction - I had forgotten all about them - have them on vinyl - not CD......

It's got to beeeeeee Perrrrrrfect!!! :(

Crikey Inge - where did you find him!!! Mr Sunnyday wouldn't even know how to put the ironing board up!

The Army gives some very effective training .. and I just 'never really got it right!' (funny how well that worked for me )

Inge

cleaning??? window washing??? Def got out of practice with those activities during the dreaded study! However, as Upsy Daisy pointed out writing assignments is much better to music. I used to have Eva Cassidy, James Blunt, and David Gray on and off I'd go.

Panders and Sunny Day, you both have joining FSF birthdays?! ahhh sweet.

:o

Panders and Sunny Day, you both have joining FSF birthdays?! ahhh sweet.

Ooh - they could be Forum twins!

Am trying to engage with this thread, honestly I am. But I just don't understand this group's terms of reference. Cleaning? Ironing? Can someone explain?

Maz

evening all!

I prefer to iron whilst watching TV, although usually there is someone else watching their own programmes and I have to put up, but on Saturday I ironed and watched "Come dine with me"! I was alone in the house and could watch what I wanted!! It was done in no time!!

Driving is just whatever is on the radio as my cd player is broken!! :( When is was working I had in Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Madonna, Queen, Coldplay and some that I had burnt myself on the laptop (these being ones that were on the laptop that James liked) although I found there were some tracks I had to skip as they made my foot heavy!! :oxD Now I tend to switch between Radio 1, Cool FM, citybeat and 2FM to find songs that I like!!

As for studying, I prefered complete silence, but when typing it all out I listened to my 'studying' playlist on the laptop. Just had a quick look at it and there is Coldplay, Nickleback, Paul Weller, Corrs, U2, Snow Patrol, Eagles, David Gray, Bruce Springsteen, Annie Lennox and Whitesnake to name but a few! Kinda easy listening so I didn't get too distracted!!

Edited by Guest