Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cait?

hehe - sorry to keep you on tenterhooks! Let's just say we're quite happy eh!

What she did say, and I'm sure I can repeat, was that they have 'raised the bar considerably' and those graded 'good' would only be graded as 'satisfactory' under the new system. There needs to be considerable evidence of improvement to maintain a 'good' and an incredible amount of evidence to achieve an 'outstanding'. This is to ensue that those graded outstanding don't 'sit on their laurels'

I think it's quite condescending to think that a team that have achieved outstanding would 'sit on their laurels. To get this in the first instance surely shows commitment to the profession. The only thing that I can think of to reduce commitment is to be under valued and consistently made to feel that you are 'never quite up to par', at least not for the long term.

Maybe all Ofsted Inspectors line managers or whoever sets these 'expectations' should read the poem, Children learn what they live.

If children live with recognition, they learn it is good to have a goal

THE SAME GOES FOR ADULTS TOO. :o

I don't think we can blame the Inspectors, who is just the messenger and the executioner. xD:(

Peggy

Well done Cait. Can't wait to hear the full low down in a few weeks :)

Yes, the inspector when we had ours said that settings that were satisfactory would likely now be inadequate.

• 3 weeks later...

We got 3 'Outstandings' and all the rest 'Good' - yes, we're happy although I'm still kicking myself for not contacting last year's parents for children's files to show her as I think that could have got us another 'Outstanding' - we were so close apparently.

She was only with us 10.30 - 2.30 so barely time to draw breath let alone engage the grey cells!!!

Well done from me as well :o

We are just waiting too, when the bell goes we all look at each other but we have decided we know our stuff!! and we will stand up to the inspector and give them our best which is what we do every day xD She/he is only a person!!! she /he is not the devil or god!!! (Well maybe they are????) But we are being professional and BRAVE when they turn up!

Sue

Cait. What's your thinking behind the comment about having contacted parents of last year's children for their records. Would this have been additional evidence re good transitions? I suppose you could be like me and have a very young cohort this term with less evidence of achieving ELG's or was it too early in the term to have accrued much evidence? Curious, sorry!

no -it wasn't transitions - she loved everything we did for that, it was the lack of Learning Story files - the folders that children build up over the course of the year, with their comments annotated against photographs and bits or artwork etc. The ones in children's trays only have a few bits in of course, as it's the start of the year.