Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef

Hi

i began doing my SEF ages ago but what with the preschool and the F/D starting only just back to it and still i haven't finished it, i know i keep evaluating it as a working document, but any ideas when i stop this. I had my inspection in Jan so not due for2 1/2 years now or so they say. Just any info on this would be good. Im trying to keep on top of things before they all get out of hand and come crashing down.X

I've just submitted mine, there has to come a point where you say 'good enough' and send it in, otherwise Ofsted don't get to see all the great strides you're making!

I've set a target of revisiting it once a term, but to be honest I will probably be adding in bits that happen as we go along. For instance I had a visit today with a fire officer about an issue with the fire doors and I am going to make sure I record that in the keeping children safe bit.

ali2son do you know, do we have to use this form from now on? I have written my sef and about to submit but now wonder if i should redo it using this new form?!

Does anyone else know?

I'll post the annotated one from my Early Years team when i receive it, but as Gruffalo2 says its only as you come to review everything again, and ive been told that its relatively easy to transfer from the old to the new, but we will see :o

Ali :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all

The online early years self-evaluation form was updated on Thursday 29 October to incorporate the changes to the early years inspection judgements and to also improve the supporting guidance.

For the purposes of this document we will refer to the different versions of the form as follows:

1. Early years self-evaluation form version 1: pre 29 October 2009

2. Early years self-evaluation form version 2: post 29 October 2009.

October 2009 amendments: detail of key interface changes:-

The overall structure of the form remains unchanged. However, Ofsted have amended the sections and sub-sections of the form. The tables below show the comparison of the two versions of the form.

Early years self-evaluation form version 1: sections

1. setting details

2. views of others

3. learning and development

4. welfare

5. leadership and management

6. overall effectiveness

7. statutory requirements

Early years self-evaluation form version 2: sections

1. setting details

2. views of others

3. quality of provision

4. outcomes for children

5. leadership and management

6. overall effectiveness

7. statutory requirements

The form then goes on to give you clear comparison of the sub-sections of the form and they are highlighted in red.

You can obtain a copy via their website in forms and guidance - then SEF amendments

Happy reading!!

I have just submitted ours and decided that as someone has said there comes a point when you have to stop and submit it others it becomes to waffly (not sure on spelling ) and b you ahve to stop as there is to much other stuff to do

i took a deep breath before pressing that submit button but it not the end i have made a space on my long term plan to review it and of course as action plans are created or completed we will need to adjust it The sef will also become an agenda item at our staff meeting as well

Well, just logged on to start putting our SEF on and have a look at the chnages. It kept telling me their records indicate that I am currently not allowed to access it!? Then I have just found it is offline until monday anyway! Oh shucks, no SEF for me this weekend then :o

Just wondering if there is anyone around who has had an OFSTED inspection since submitting a SEF online ?

When I go online, underneath the submission date it says 'no forms linked to an inpection' - just wondering if this changea after an inspection :o

Well, just logged on to start putting our SEF on and have a look at the chnages. It kept telling me their records indicate that I am currently not allowed to access it!? Then I have just found it is offline until monday anyway! Oh shucks, no SEF for me this weekend then :o

Hi Laura

First post for me.. but had to reply to your post as the same thing has happened to me! Wanted to go online to submit first part of SEF (we've only managed to do setting and views so far... too many other things to do!) and it wouldn't let me have access. Have tried again today - but no luck. Have to call Ofsted I suppose.

It's great to read on this forum how everyone else is dealing with the SEF.. and all the other stuff as well!

Hope you get through to your SEF soon.

SammyT

There is now some new guidance about how old sef's will be automatically be put into new sef format. Have tried to put link to document here....as ever, it's a typically very long ofsted doc. so would suggest that you take care before printing.

Thank you so much for that - really helpful.

That's really helpful, thanks, although I am groaning inwardly at the thought of redoing the bloomin' thing!!

I do wonder who at Ofsted came up with the genius idea that meant:

'enjoy and achieve' would now become 'achieve and enjoy'

That must have been a tricky decision.

Also, are they sure it's about children 'feeling safe' rather than them 'staying safe' as it was before?

When I go online, underneath the submission date it says 'no forms linked to an inpection' - just wondering if this changea after an inspection

I have had an inspection since submiting

I will look tonight what changes are on ,it if any

I have looked at my sef. I had my inspection last Monday.

It does not say that on mine Just, "status active "

The new version looks better to me to fill in

Ofsted, as I understand it ,are only saying they have had to move your input and to delete

their message. Not delete your input ?

I am so pleased now I did mine in April. Mrs O brought it with her and it saved a lot of time

and questions.

I have just re-done mine. It was easier than I thought because Ofsted have moved everything to the correct place.I just has to delete their instruction.There are a few new boxes to fill in though. Lets hope that they leave it alone now and stop changing things.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)