Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Just Peeping Out

Gezabel

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

ohhh that feels better xD

This is the one place I know where I can come and yell and no one will mind or pass judgement :(

I am buried under research papers, text books, documents, course materials and heaps and heaps of scrawled notes - all because my final 6000 word assignment is due in on September 25th :o

Ok thankyou for letting me whinge - back to dive into the paper work.

I am trying to keep up with messages here in my home from home wonderful forum but sorry if I haven't really participated lately :(

Deadline for posting is September 22nd so I will be back!! :(

Edited by Geraldine

oooooh Geraldine....we are all with you...keep going lovely....virtual support coming all the way from Somerset... :oxD:(

Look forward to the posts after the deadline date... :(

virtual hugs and empathy xD:(

When you ask yourself "Why do I do this" tell yourself "It's because YOU CAN" :(

We will forgive your temporary absence from the forum, but any absence after the deadline date will be classed as 'unauthorised absences' :o :wacko: xD:(

Look forward to your imminent return. :rolleyes:

Peggy

Keep going, mate!!

I have today to finish my last assignment for U212, so will be thinking of you as I struggle under the notes, paper etc, although mine is only half the length of yours and not so crucial!!

Virtual hugs ((xx))

OOh,

I do believe I've done mine!!

Leaving it for a while, will read over and polish up over the next day or so. Deadline 12.00 noon Friday! Thank goodness I am using the eTMA system for this course! Can dither until 11.30 am! :o

Then it's revision for exam on October 13th. ARGH

Hope it's going well Geraldine

Sue

• 3 weeks later...

Well done Sue xD

Sadly, mine is not going so well :( I have been 'proper poorly' missed the first two weeks of the new term with all the new little darlings :(

The good news is that the good old OU have been brilliant, the examing board accepted my request (sent on my behalf by a quick thinking hubby when I was in hospital) for an extension of the submission date so I have a couple of weeks to pick up where I left off and get the darn thing finished!

Unusally for me I am feeling somewhat demotivated and have the 'I can't be bothered' frame of mind :o

To 'not bother' would be utter stupidity on my part. I have completed the continuous assessment part of the course and come out with a good overall grade I just need to complete this 'examinable component' and it is the very last piece of work I will ever do to count for my Honours degree classification. I have worked for so long for this and now right at the final hurdle I have run out of steam. I know it will be done but I want it to be more than 'just done' I want it to be the best I am capable of and right know it seems a hill too big to climb.

Sorry for the whinge - I am certainly not looking for any sympathy but if anyone has any serious 'kick up the rear' to spare it would be welcome :(

Geraldine without knowing the background to why you have been in hospital, i suspect that it obviously has something to do with your current feelings. If you needed surgery or anything of that sort then the anastetic (sic) is a real probable cause of your low mood.

Dr. Panders suggests that you give yourself some time to recover fully before attempting to do justice to your final component, a little Geraldine pampering would do the world of good. Hope you are soo feeling your old self, until then I'm thinking of you and sending the old virtual hugs

Geraldine, just take a look at all your previous posts in which you supported others through their times of uncertainty. You supported and encouraged them and cheered them along with assurances that they could get over their hurdles.

Now girl...........take your own advice. The years you have spent getting this far will be worth it and the end is so close. I understand about wanting to finish your degree doing your best work......you know you can do this. All of us that you have supported in the past will be waiting in the wings to cheer you WHEN you finally get there.

As you begin to recover and start to feel better your energy levels will return and then the brain will kick into action. Don't be too hard on yourself though.......recover properly first and then engage your brain. xD:o

Best of luck Geraldine and let us know how it goes. :(

Whilst you recover give your hubby a great big hug for getting you the extension, and of course the hug will help you feel better too. xD

Hubby hugs are much better than virtual ones but I'm sending you one anyway. :(

(((((((HUG)))))))))

Peggy

p.s. 'unauthorised absence' not logged :o