Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Printer

Sorry buttercup, seem to have the same problem. At home I use a Lexmark and at the nursery its a HP. I think out of the 2 the Lexmark is better but once I get printing off registers, planning etc etc the ink doesnt last very long :o

I have an Epson (3 in 1) it takes separate cartridges for each colour that retail at £7 for genuine Epson and less if you go for substitutes. They do last quite well although I go through far too many I really should print photographs at school not home :o

Husband always uses Hp printers hence so do I,

never had a problem with ink running out too fast if it is set on the lowest quality, even the fast draft one on ours does a decent quality print which was more than adequate for all preschool needs,there are several settings for quality to choose from and I just experimented to find the lowest quality which would work.

Do check content on buying cartridges too, I found some which while cheaper actually only had half the amount of ink in them so were a false economy, have found recently quantity of ink in the cartriges has been reducede but not price!

Our current printer has one for different colours as I use it a lot for phot printing so wanted one which gave the best result.. hence it is not cheap , but know husbands Hp which he has for work gives many different print quality options and lasts him quite well.

Have recently been buying them from Cartidge people and had really good service from them, I usualy buy when they have a special offer , bnut have used Inkraider as well.

Inge

I have three epson 3 in 1 printers and would always stay with epson. I have 2 identical - one at home and the other at preschool so I can print on either easily. it has 4 cartridges which aren't too expensive and last well. The printers are great workhorses and have had their counters re-set twice and still going strong. My other epson is a big job with 6 cartridges that work out a bit pricier when you get the multipack, but last a long time - it's useful for quality printing of photos and it prints from negatives and stuff - more than I need really.

What I will say, if you are using epson, is DON'T GET COMPATIBLES! they use dyes rather than inks which have coarser particles and will damage your print heads quite quickly. It will come to the point when you'll have to run a head clean through before every print run - which uses loads of inks and so eventually becomes false economy!

I have to agree with Cait both regarding an Epsom printer and compatable ink cartridges,

Even doing E115 last year only used 1 full black ink cartridge and I printed half a rainforest.

School have even replaced their main printer to epsom because of the quality printing even when running on almost empty!

we have a brother printer/copier and buy compatables we print lots of photos and like most of you I have been printing lots of things it seems to be doing quite well. before that we had epson and I have this at home find this equally good value however they only seem to have a couple of yrs of life before they refuse to work quoting that a part needs renewing this has happened to 3 of my printers. it is then cheaper to buy new one do you think theres a little man inside that says times up spend some more money.

sue

Edited by suewhit

I moved to a HP laserjet 2550L, the toner cartridges cost around £40 each, 4 colours plus B&W at about £45, so set up costs are high but then they lasted me for about 18 months. :o and I printed loads & loads of stuff including full colour posters, A4 size photo's for displays etc.

There are some companies which offer free printers if you buy their consumerables. xD

Peggy

Guest MaryEMac

We have just got a Kodak for playgroup and have just replaced the ink cartridges since we bought in May. This includes getting all the end of term reports done and the new labels etc. This all- in -one gets good reviews as well because of the cheaper cartridges.

Mary

we have a brother printer/copier and buy compatables we print lots of photos and like most of you I have been printing lots of things it seems to be doing quite well. before that we had epson and I have this at home find this equally good value however they only seem to have a couple of yrs of life before they refuse to work quoting that a part needs renewing this has happened to 3 of my printers. it is then cheaper to buy new one do you think theres a little man inside that says times up spend some more money.

sue

It generally just needs its counter resetting, that's all mine have needed. Although, obviously I don't know what error messages you've been getting, but I've never had a problem that the little man in Carlisle couldn't fix for under a tenner!!!

I have two HP printers, I like them cause they are easy to use, one is a wireless which means I can sit outside in the lovely summer sun and print off things to my hearts content....joking about the sun! lol........I have an epson at work which is the bain of my life, nothing is every easy with it!

Well that's my two penneth added....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)