Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Whats Your Addiction?

Evening all!!

Just thought I would apologise to those who are thinking "where has mummyspud gone?" (and to those who aren't thinking that I apologise!!)

I have recently bought 24, season 5!!!

I dont know if any of you are fans or know the name Jack Bauer, but I am addicted!! xDxD

This happens to me every time I buy the box set of the next season! I cannot leave it alone until I have watched it all! I realised that there are those of you who feel this way about Desperate Housewives or something (sorry I dont watch any of them, so I dont know the names) but for me its 24!!!

I warn you all now - extravision have season 6 on special offer as well and I will be purchasing this next week!! You might see me at the weekend, you might not, but right now I have to go and see if Jack is successful in catching the terrorists who were responsible for trying to expose half of L.A. to the deadly Sentox Nerve Gas, especially as CTU has now been absorbed by homeland security and also find out how high up in the White House it goes!!!!! :(:(:( :rolleyes: :unsure: ;) :wacko:

Just wondered are there any other addicts out there and if so what is it and how irratable do you get when you cant get watching it (Obviously I am talking about TV!!)

I'm not addicted, honest!!!! :o

I'm with you on 24

Bought sky plus especially for it and was lost to everyone - too many late nights and glasses of wine ( although actually preferred getting the DVD's cos you could watch 5 or 6 in a row rather than just 2 :o)

well until it finished a couple of weeks ago it was Gilmore girls (who? I hear you ask) it was on early mornings on e4 and my mum got me watching it and I was hooked on the silly banter between the characters the story line is second to the sarcasm and bizarre characters.

before that it was grey's anatomy, Ghost whisper and Charmed

Since we don't have a tv at present I am happily addiction-free when it comes to TV! However we can still access iPlayer on our tv when our broadband is quick enough so we tend to watch what we want to when we want to. So I'm able to keep up with some 'must sees' including Dragon's Den, but I can see that Walk on the Wild Side is fast gaining cult status in our house.

Alan! Alan! Al!

Maz

I'm in the no real addiction group too. Apart from FSF that is!

We did the no tv thing for a few months last year and I went cold turkey. It was the best thing we ever did and I'm determined not to get hooked on anything until I've finished my Foundation Degree.

for me its NCIS.. but always wait until DVD is out as I really get irritated with the constant adverts!!

and more recently Torchwood...

Inge

(and still need to catch those mice on FB )

My elderly mum said to me recently "Oh I didn't think much of that TOUCH WOOD thing" - bless I didn't put her right!!!

Edited by sunnyday

for me its NCIS.. but always wait until DVD is out as I really get irritated with the constant adverts!!

Inge

I record everything I want to watch into planner (Sky +), then I can fast forward all the annoying ads. :o

I like:

Dragons Den

The Guardian

The Mentalist

Come Dine with me

The Wright Stuff

and now of course X FACTOR xD (1st episode, a male primary school teacher who in Simons words had "The best first audition he's seen in any of the series so far". So, maybe one more male lost from the Early Years profession)

Taping everything means I can watch at my leasure, I also delete if too many are recorded for me to 'catch up' with.

My other addictions are of course FSF and just recently, Texas Hold-um Poker (via Facebook) :(

Peggy

For me, it was The Wire, but now we've finished all 5 series...s, and now Mad Men. Have just finished the first series and my husband went on Amazon to buy the second and its Soooooo expensive, we're going to wait till it comes down in price. (Unless anyone has it and would like to lend it out - I'll pay p & p!!!)

Peggy - was he a primary school teacher on X Factor? He was amazing, wasn't he. I don't usually watch it, but now I'm going to HAVE to!

Aah, Mousehunt!

I've always found it totally pointless, but I just can't stop clicking obsessively on that stupid horn. >.<

Where are you? I spent 2 months without success trying to get the back pages of Plankrun's journal in Digby, and I've spent several weeks without success trying to catch a Hydra mouse in the Lagoon. =-P

And everyone else must have no idea what I'm talking about and think I'm nuts. :o

Regards

Mark

http://earlychildcare.wordpress.com/

Inge

Evening all!!

Just thought I would apologise to those who are thinking "where has mummyspud gone?" (and to those who aren't thinking that I apologise!!)

I have recently bought 24, season 5!!!

I dont know if any of you are fans or know the name Jack Bauer, but I am addicted!! xDxD

This happens to me every time I buy the box set of the next season! I cannot leave it alone until I have watched it all! I realised that there are those of you who feel this way about Desperate Housewives or something (sorry I dont watch any of them, so I dont know the names) but for me its 24!!!

I warn you all now - extravision have season 6 on special offer as well and I will be purchasing this next week!! You might see me at the weekend, you might not, but right now I have to go and see if Jack is successful in catching the terrorists who were responsible for trying to expose half of L.A. to the deadly Sentox Nerve Gas, especially as CTU has now been absorbed by homeland security and also find out how high up in the White House it goes!!!!! :(:(:( :rolleyes: :unsure: ;) :wacko:

Just wondered are there any other addicts out there and if so what is it and how irratable do you get when you cant get watching it (Obviously I am talking about TV!!)

I'm not addicted, honest!!!! :o

Oh my gosh!!!! My brother bought me series 1 for christmas and i've been buying them ever since! I am also watching series 5 at the moment and have just got up to the bit where half of CTU are dead!!

I absolutely love it!!!!!

face book and fsf too, forgot to mention them. it's the stupid applications and games, I think its the mindless escape from it all that is the attraction, spending ages on FB rather than worrying about the real world and all its paperwork and bills.

I think these little addictions are a healthy distraction to keep us sane

Edited by Alison

I like that!

Never heard the FB obsession described as healthy before. :o

Regards

Mark

face book and fsf too, forgot to mention them. it's the stupid applications and games, I think its the mindless escape from it all that is the attraction, spending ages on FB rather than worrying about the real world and all its paperwork and bills.

I think these little addictions are a healthy distraction to keep us sane

Walk on the Wild Side is fast gaining cult status in our house

here too-that koala with Rolf Harris' voice 'Can you tell what I am yet?' had me in stitches but we had to explain 'Paint with Rolf' to the kids.

I'm addicted to routines :o

coffee,switch on pc, check e-mail, check BBC news, check web site vistors, check FSF

same chair in the staffroom at lunch, same cup

and er......Neighbours

really really sad

I love HOUSE and 24 i have the box sets for both. Once i start to watch one i have to keep going till seen them all. I love Hugh Laurie i think he is sooo nice....!

Carly

I record everything I want to watch into planner (Sky +), then I can fast forward all the annoying ads. :o

Taping everything means I can watch at my leasure, I also delete if too many are recorded for me to 'catch up' with.

xD

Peggy

We dont run to sky+ player.. just plain old sky for us...

Inge

Aah, Mousehunt!

I've always found it totally pointless, but I just can't stop clicking obsessively on that stupid horn. >.<

Where are you? I spent 2 months without success trying to get the back pages of Plankrun's journal in Digby, and I've spent several weeks without success trying to catch a Hydra mouse in the Lagoon. =-P

And everyone else must have no idea what I'm talking about and think I'm nuts. :o

Regards

Mark

Ahh reading this I delayed my Party horn .. that will teach me to multi-task.

Im an the Isles sort of.so many losses keep going back to cats for a bit of fun- took months to get a fairy though....

there are a few other MH addicts on here...Mummyspud being one of them! we are a tourney team so do a few of those too..

And now they will all think we are both a bit mad.. and Maz will want a translation...

happy hunting..

Inge

Aah, Mousehunt!

And everyone else must have no idea what I'm talking about and think I'm nuts. :(

Regards

Mark

I too have spent time in the Lagoon trying to catch the hydra mouse, but with no success so far!!

Am currently with Inge trying to win a tournament!!

I do know that there are some on this forum who have an addiction to farmtown and farmville on FB, but I wont be mentioning who they are, they may need some therapy before they can admit to it!! :o:(xD

Edited by Guest