Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Just A Bit Of Fun

sunnyday

I was thinking this morning (it hurt quite a bit!)............

No seriously I was thinking about how we now have to 'record' everything that we do e.g. we have always had 'staff meetings' but now I feel the need to 'plan' these meetings - type up an agenda, minute, type up minutes, get staff to read and sign the minutes and file..........

That of course is just one example........could think of many,many more........and of course - who are we doing all this for?

Well in my case....Ofsted!

So - I will get to the point now - I got to thinking - what song relates to this - I decided on 'Every Breath you Take' (Police)

Can you think of anymore?

Sunnyday

P.S. If you are thinking......she has really lost the plot!!! I'd be the first to agree! :o

Ooh I love this idea!

How about Elton John's "I'm still standing" despite everything 'they' send in our direction!

Or Sonny and Cher's "I got you babe" regarding our relationship with the Forum - 'I got you to talk with me, I got you to walk with me. I got you to hold my hand, I got you to understand' or words to that effect.

Or what about Paul Simon's "Slip slidin' away" for those moments when you think you've just about understood everything then there's a new initiative to take into account and you feel your will to live draining away...

Are we aiming for an EYFS top twenty?

Maz

There's a song I remember from my childhood which was sung by Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers amongst others called Pick Yourself Up which I think says a lot for working in Early years;

Nothing's impossible I have found,

For when my chin is on the ground,

I pick myself up,

Dust myself off,

Start All over again.

Don't lose your confidence if you slip,

Be grateful for a pleasant trip,

And pick yourself up,

Dust yourself off,

Start all over again.

Work like a soul inspired,

Till the battle of the day is won.

You may be sick and tired,

But you'll be a man, my son!

Ok perhaps we need to rethink the last line....

Queen:

Another One Bites the Dust

Under Pressure

I Want to Break Free

It's a Hard Life

The Show Must Go On

And the most apt: I'm Going Slightly Mad

Freddy must have worked in Early Years!

Gosh - they're all quite negative!

Hmm happier ones:

It Ain't What You Do It's The Way That You Do It

And when one welcomes the big 'O in - Walk This Way (Aerosmith and Run DMC)

Oh and for all those rumours:

I Heard It Through The Grapevine !

Think I'll stop now.

ppp

And..........if the 'powers that be' load much more on us..........could be........

'Time to say Goodbye' - (Sarah Brightman)

Oh goodness mine are all very negative :o

And.......when I'm feeling brave and get the black paint out!

Paint it Black - (The Stones)!

Edited by sunnyday

Oh I seem to be playing on my own now :o

As I have been known to write as a first line in a daily communication book........'Heaven must be missing an Angel' (Tavares)

Thinking of this great forum ...'I'll get by with a little help from my friends' (Joe Cocker)

Why are all the songs you guys are mentioning so...aged :o

Regards

Mark

http://earlychildcare.wordpress.com/

Dare we ask Mark how old he is?

My 22 year old son is into his retro music as well as current stuff - if a pop song is good its good! Added to that we all remember pop songs from our youth, before responsibilities got in the way!

When I had my preschool, on the last part of my journey every morning, as I drove into the carpark, I always used to play AT FULL BLAST, Bobby Browns track, "MY PEROGATIVE". It always set me in the right frame of mind for 'leadership'. :oxD

Peggy

Mark ....... this is as up to date as I can get!!!

This is what I want to do when I see Mrs O. coming up the path.......'Run' (Leona Lewis or Snow Patrol)

Outstanding Ofsted ....... 'Shine' (Take That)

After First Aid Training ....... I know 'How to save a life' (The Fray)

Right if I can get my zimmer in line with my typing chair I'm off!!!!! :o

Hehe, what fun reading this makes!

Yes Mundia I do like Queen! Old songs are the best, you can hear the words!!

Here's a few more:

Keane - Everybody's changing (New guidelines)

People Get Ready (covered by Eva Cassidy) (For inspection)

That's it for me - good game Sunnyday, good game!

ppp

Thanks ppp.....

We are all massive Queen fans in this family too - right down to my 10 year old grandson!

I saw them live at Knebworth - many moons ago - not sure what year - '86 maybe - it's the tour often shown on T.V. (Freddie wearing a yellow jacket!).........what a fantastic experience that was!

Have you seen 'We Will Rock You' - I have - twice!!! The first time I saw it was with no.1 son - he took me for a 'birthday treat'....Brian May came on at the end and played the guitar solo - how lucky were we!!!

Oh one more........

'We've Got the Best Job Ever' (The Ordinary Boys)

Edited by sunnyday

Well the way my brain is at the moment........can't think of the song name - and sorry Mark it is an oldy-

the words go

'It;s like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind'..

...with line 'never ending never starting' in it somehwere.!!!

Think it was sung/talked (badly)!! by some actor rather than singer!!!!!!!!!! - Richard Harris maybe? (How old does this make sound!!)

Anyway that's how the SEF and planning make me feel.

xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks ppp.....

We are all massive Queen fans in this family too - right down to my 10 year old grandson!

I saw them live at Knebworth - many moons ago - not sure what year - '86 maybe - it's the tour often shown on T.V. (Freddie wearing a yellow jacket!).........what a fantastic experience that was!

Have you seen 'We Will Rock You' - I have - twice!!! The first time I saw it was with no.1 son - he took me for a 'birthday treat'....Brian May came on at the end and played the guitar solo - how lucky were we!!!

Me too, sunnyday we got both Brian and Roger (as well as Ben Elton) when we went, and it was also a birthday treat.

I was lucky enough to see Queen live 4 times, never made the last tour though, but I have seen the revamp with Paul Rogers too. My claim to fame (!!) is being in the 'radio gaga' video...

Enough said...

Me too, sunnyday we got both Brian and Roger (as well as Ben Elton) when we went, and it was also a birthday treat.

I was lucky enough to see Queen live 4 times, never made the last tour though, but I have seen the revamp with Paul Rogers too. My claim to fame (!!) is being in the 'radio gaga' video...

Enough said...

Woohoo mundia - that is supercool! :o

Mundia, is that you clapping at 2:00? :o

Regards

Mark

http://earlychildcare.wordpress.com/

Enough said...